Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Do you prefer to hunt turkeys with a partner or by yourself?

Started by Marc, March 06, 2015, 03:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you prefer to turkey hunt by yourself or with a partner?

I enjoy hunting with a partner more than by myself.
I prefer to hunt by myself.
I like to mix it up (sometimes alone, sometimes with a partner).

lonnie sneed jr.

The only person left living, that I like to team up with is my Dad. I have hunted with several other people in years past, but I just like hunting by myself.  :OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

eddie234

By myself, sometimes I try and take my brother but he doesn't like getting up early.

Phire Phite

Always with my uncle, at least for the first days.  After that, we both have to go back to work and only have weekends.  Ironic, because I will go by myself after that but don't enjoy it as much, or go with my buddy who thinks being still means he can still move his feet around as we're calling one in.... :character0029:

ozarkhooks

I love hunting alone but  have had more fun calling birds in for my wife and my now 9 year old son the last couple years. my daughter will be 6 next season and legal to turkey hunt. she is already excited about getting after a bird. With that said, My turkey hunting is usually during the week and i use the weekends for my wife and kids. Opening day always monday in Missouri I have my wife take off to get her first bird so i can use the following weekend for my son. I found last year that as the week went by hunting alone I started to miss my little hunting buddy.

perrytrails

I have a bunch of people I usually get out with each year.

Those of you that don't, I understand.

I'm very serious about turkey hunting, and I've dealt with friends that don't scout, and lean on you for that and calling for them.

Those type of things can get to Ya.

But I have many, many fond memories with family and friends in the turkey woods.

I've called in lots of people's first bird, which is some what of a trophy to me.

I've never passed up a kid, or anyone for that matter, that wanted to go. Those are some of the most enjoyable experiences I've had over the years.

Pass it on...

ol bob

I like hunting with my son we just don't get to do it near enough

WildTigerTrout

I hunt by myself most of the time but also enjoy hunting with my teenage son and  an old friend of mine
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Gawhitaker

I really enjoy hunting with my son, i started taking him when he was 4, he took his first bird at 6 which was his first year to be the shooter, he is 17 now. I enjoy hunting solo, but not as much as when we hunt together.

dawgfrombama

I love the fellowship of friends in camp but love to hunt by myself.

kjnengr

I am still learning the ropes so I enjoy hunting with others even if I am not the one shooting.

Bowguy

I am a 100% solo guy if I want to kill birds. My favorite times though are calling n coaching kids to birds. I've also been known to help new hunters besides kids but it's not the same unless it's family.
The whole waiting on someone to get up, be quiet, get in position, GET THE DAMN GUN UP when a bird Is coming drives me nuts.
I love the challenge and reward but seems I'm trying harder than the guy shooting. My brother can read a play n he's an exception.
Couple more years n my kids are too old for youth days, I already have kids lined up.

J Hook Max

Hunting with friends is fun but when I get real serous about killing one, I hunt by myself.

redleg06

I've only got one buddy that I would be happy to hunt with anytime, and he lives in another state....so 99% of the time, I'd just assume be by myself in the turkey woods.  Love duck hunting with my buddies but turkey hunting is a different story cause most of them want to leave the woods earlier than me, or show up late, or make to much noise, etc. etc. etc.  and I end up having to hunt differently with them. Almost like I feel like I have to keep them entertained.

Next year when my son gets old enough to go, I'd say my answer will change because I cant wait to teach him all about it.

hoyt

I like to hunt everything by myself. But, if I were to decide to hunt with someone it wouldn't be spring gobblers.

buck_hunter21

Quote from: ridgerunner on March 06, 2015, 03:44:03 PM
It's more fun to hunt with someone, but more productive by myself..I prefer hunting with someone...but if the going get's tough...I'm flying solo.

This is me as well. Some of the most memorable hunts I have been on have been with someone else. But if it comes down to tag soup or a bird, I am going solo. But it defiantly is more fun after a kill (be it myself or the buddy I am with) and talk about it for a little bit. When you are solo, you are talking to yourself. 
Spill Blood