Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Do you prefer to hunt turkeys with a partner or by yourself?

Started by Marc, March 06, 2015, 03:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you prefer to turkey hunt by yourself or with a partner?

I enjoy hunting with a partner more than by myself.
I prefer to hunt by myself.
I like to mix it up (sometimes alone, sometimes with a partner).

silvestris

Turkey hunting is a one man game, not a social event.  It is nice to have someone to share lies with after the hunt.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

TnTurk

Quote from: reynolds243 on March 06, 2015, 04:46:17 PM
Quote from: ridgerunner on March 06, 2015, 03:44:03 PM
It's more fun to hunt with someone, but more productive by myself..I prefer hunting with someone...but if the going get's tough...I'm flying solo.

could not have typed it any better for myself. Feel the same exact way
:z-winnersmiley:

chatterbox

The only time I enjoy hunting with anyone else, it would have to be my son. Best hunting partner in the world!
Otherwise, myself.

g8rvet

Mostly hunt alone now that son and nephews are grown. Still occasionally hunt with someone.  Will be taking my daughter this year and really looking forward to it.  I was a noob spring turkey hunter when I finally got my son his first gobbler, I was 10x prouder than when I killed my first spring bird. I always tell folks that squeezing the trigger is the easy part.  Getting him in that position is the real game, so it does not matter much to me who does it. 

Have passed twice on double up chances due to not wanting to raise my gun at the last second (both times were surprised it was 2 birds and did not have my gun at the ready).  Don't regret it one bit, but a double up still eludes me.  there is always this year! 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

CASH

I enjoy both, but prefer to hunt with a partner. One because I can't hear worth a flip and I enjoy turkey hunting with my BIL
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Rapscallion Vermilion

I hunt alone, and really enjoy that.  But I have a good hunting partner that I'll ride out with in the morning and back with in the evening, and scouting is done together. We have a few pre-arranged times that we check in on walkie-talkies during the day, sometimes meet up for lunch depending on how far apart we've ended up.

Struthunter

I hunt on public land, mostly quota hunts so kids that ive taken would come first then by myself until I get one. After that I like to call for anyone that I can, thats new to  turkey hunting.

agturkey

I like to hunt with others if they are willing to bring something to the table...

I have left the free loaders, users, and do it all for me type behind...

I tend to fine myself focusing on family...then meet up with others for breakfast...

Most the time I find others tend to not share but always suggest hunting together on your place...

I'm to the point anymore I just go...solo...a lot less hassle and more hunting.

Timmer

I enjoy helping new turkey hunters and calling for them, but historically if I am carrying a gun I'm by myself.  My kids are getting old enough to hunt, so my solo days may be over for a while. 
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

Tail Feathers

I prefer to go it alone...except when the grandsons want to go.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

tomstopper

Quote from: Tail Feathers on March 06, 2015, 07:00:46 PM
I prefer to go it alone...except when the grandsons want to go.
This for me as well except it's any kids instead of grand kids (won't have any for a long time). This year, my nephew will be my season long companion...... :z-guntootsmiley:

West Augusta

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

hunter22

I thoroughly enjoy hunting with my youngest son who is now 26 and one other hunting buddy. I have been on lots of hunts with those guys I will never forget. But I harvest a LOT more gobblers when I go it alone.

LONGBEARD22

Bigspurs68

Alone or with my kids. Rarely will another person subject themselves to following me around, which is fine with me.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"