Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Do you prefer to hunt turkeys with a partner or by yourself?

Started by Marc, March 06, 2015, 03:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you prefer to turkey hunt by yourself or with a partner?

I enjoy hunting with a partner more than by myself.
I prefer to hunt by myself.
I like to mix it up (sometimes alone, sometimes with a partner).

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Tommy Strutsalot

I prefer to hunt turkeys alone but often hunt with one friend.  The reality is, although a good guy and dedicated turkey Hunter, it stings extra bad for me when someone else makes mistakes for you. Out of the last two spring birds I've killed, one had been shot at and missed previously,and the other had been overcalled and spooked previously, both by my "hunting" partner in that same season lol.  I think this year I'll hunt alone til I score, then help others, as opposed to vice versa.

Dr Juice

I love to hunt with my cuz because he's a gobbler slayer, but I do come across 'those types' that are as stealthy as an earthquake.

strut2

I always hunt the first day with my dad. Then I bounce between going hunting by myself or with a close buddy that is a similar turkey hunter to my style. It is enjoyable to share moments with special people and be able to talk about it! Every time I kill one by myself I always think I wish my dad or my buddy would have been here.

Gobbler2577

Most of the time alone.  I can socialize any time.  The solitude is part of what I love about it.