Previous topic - Next topic

Bama turkey hunter

Mouth call for me jim pollard original bat wing 3
Tony

LONGBEARD22

turkey buster

Slate till he's close. Mouth call if needed to finish him off

Cut N Run

I use a long box to get his attention at distance. Then, a glass, slate, or aluminum pot to keep him coming.  Finally, a 2 or 3 reed diaphragm with leaf scratching to seal the deal.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

TnTurk

I would say a  box call has started more "death marches" for me than any other, but like others have said, soft talk on a mouth call and a little leaf scratching sealed the deal.

paboxcall

Quote from: TnTurk on March 01, 2015, 10:12:43 AM
I would say a  box call has started more "death marches" for me than any other, but like others have said, soft talk on a mouth call and a little leaf scratching sealed the deal.

:agreed:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

hoyt

The one I'm using when I luck onto a hot gobbler. Most of the time it's been a Copperhead mouth call.

Tom Threetoes

When I first started I used a Camp push-pull box almost exclusively, It lost its tune for some reason and I never found another that sounded as good. Now I use a good slate or glass call from Cane Creek calls. I think pot calls make the most realistic yelps going. Close in work calls for a diaphram.

tomstopper

I would have to say my ceramic over glass or my crystal pot calls

ncturkey

ncturkey

Quote from: mmclain on February 28, 2015, 10:20:37 PM
trumpet
I would have never guess yours would be a trumpet call. ;)
I bet you are really good at calling with one.

GSLAM95

diaphragm but diversity over the years is making a trumpet and box call catch up.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

chatterbox

Mine varies between a lightsout slate over glass, and my Kaiser glass over curly maple with a purpleheart soundboard and purpleheart striker.

Swampchickin234

For me it's been a crystal pot,  mouth call(batwing, ghost , and vcut) and a box.  If I had to carry one I beleive I'd take a mouth call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtNap647

hard for me to use anything but a mouth call