turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Most deadly call

Started by Spitten and drummen, February 28, 2015, 09:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOOKS1

I use every style of call. For me the number one call is a trumpet.

KansasGobbler

For sure a Haint gobble call :o

RussM311

A copper pot..... quadrupled my kill ratio.

bghunter777

For me its a slate call easily

zelmo1

:OGturkeyhead: 2 or 3 reed V cut, no contest.

Jbird22

Diaphragm and there's not a close second really. But, I've added some killer pots to my collection since the end of last season.

Fullfan

22 year old MAD Super Aluminator, prob has 130-150 long beards to its credit.
Don't gobble at me...

goblr77

Overall a mouth call. I've called more to the gun with a box and pot calls the last five years or so.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Thunderbolt

For me it's the slate call....ive been hunting since 1970....didn't start Turkey hunting till the 1980...im now on my 38th bird this year..and 75% of the birds have been finished with the slate...Rusty

born2hunt

3 reed V cut or modified V cut for the win !!!
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Marc

If I could only take one, or one type of call into the field it would be a diaphragm call...  Realism, volume, versatility, and lack of motion...  If I am trying to cut some ground between myself and a gobbling bird, I can walk/run and call at the same time...  If I have a hung-up bird, I can walk away and call...  A good diaphragm probably has the best potential for realism from a good caller; my potential has yet to be realized though.

I do enjoy a box call though...  They do not seem much louder, but it sure seems to induce a response from further away...  Easy call to use with a lot of versatility...  Sounds more real in the woods than a pot call to me, with almost as much versatility...  Moisture is the enemy here though (as pointed out in a similar thread I posted in the call forum by Ringbill).

Tried a couple pot calls, but all the surfaces and strikers seems a lot to take in, and to me, in the woods, a box call or diaphragm sounds more realistic and reaches out a bit further (as far as volume)...  Never really understood the draw to pot calls?

Learning a trumpet or wingbone call would interest me at some point, but to date, I have never even heard one.

I have made and played around with tube calls, but I see no advantage over a box or diaphragm call?

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

harrorick

I use a deadly double pot slate over glass.
This call will blow them away. If by chance I can't bring them in.
I will use my copper pot.

hobbes

Mouth call by far (from start to finish).  Probably because that is what I use 99% of the time.  I use various cuts based on what sounds good to the turkeys on any given day.  Three reeds most times.

WildTigerTrout

Mouth calls. I have killed most with double and triple stacked frame calls. Used the Primos "True Double" more than any other.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!