turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey chair

Started by deerbasshunter3, February 28, 2015, 08:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

Do those of you who use a turkey chair feel that it makes a difference? I want to get one, but my wife and I have recently come into some house repairs that are going to cost alot of money. I don't think I could justify buying one right now, but do not want to sit on the ground. Is it worth $20 something dollars?

dirt road ninja

To me, yes! I have ruptured discs in my back and can sit still for much longer with the chair, plus it gives me the option of setting up without using a tree. In the pine jungles I hunt most trees are much smaller then my shoulder width, so the chair is a big help for me. That said I don't use it every time, but I do lug it around a lot.
For what it's worth I have two of them and lend them to friends when they hunt with me. Everyone that used it has bought one for themselves after.

RutnNStrutn

Definitely worth the money! My Gobbler Lounger allows me to sit in comfort for as long as is needed. And if I'm on the move, I just collapse and carry it over my shoulder with the built in sling. Quick and easy to set up.
Since I mainly hunt down in Dixie, where running and gunning doesn't work so well, I do a lot of sitting, calling and waiting. Couldn't do that without my chair.

snapper1982

It absolutely makes a difference. There is no comparison between the ground(even with a cushion) and a turkey chair. I would rather leave my vest than my chair.

Gobble!

If you plan on long sits yes. Cabelas Gobbler Lounger.

Gamblinman

YES YES YES!!

No more cold and/or numb butt.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

hookedspur

Yes !!! If you don't have one ,get one ,if you have one use it . They are Comfortable.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

West Augusta

Mine cost a lot more than $20 but I'm field testing the run and gun model HillJacked seat from www.hilljacked.com

It adjusts to the angle of the hill and has cleats on the bottom to keep it from sliding down the hill. It works great here in West Virginia.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

deerbasshunter3

Quote from: West Augusta on February 28, 2015, 10:49:07 PM
Mine cost a lot more than $20 but I'm field testing the run and gun model HillJacked seat from www.hilljacked.com

It adjusts to the angle of the hill and has cleats on the bottom to keep it from sliding down the hill. It works great here in West Virginia.

How is it on your back?

RussM311

Definitely yes!!!!  I can sit twice as long with the chair as I could without it.  As for the cost..... look at the Turkey Thug chair at Walmart..... I think it is about $15...

West Augusta

Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on February 28, 2015, 11:03:40 PM
Quote from: West Augusta on February 28, 2015, 10:49:07 PM

How is it on your back?
I usually put it at the base of a tree and am quite comfortable.  They do sell a back and cushion that work with it.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

hunter22

I have hunted with a Gobbler Lounger the past few years and would not go without it. I have lower back disc problems and long sets used to kill me. Now I can sit as long as I want. I think this has helped me kill a lot of gobblers I would not have taken in the past.

snapper1982

Quote from: RussM311 on February 28, 2015, 11:14:18 PM
Definitely yes!!!!  I can sit twice as long with the chair as I could without it.  As for the cost..... look at the Turkey Thug chair at Walmart..... I think it is about $15...

$19.88 here.

taylorjones20

For sure!  I use the big Alps/Browning chair cause I'm a big guy.  It's very nice!!!!!!!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

Gamblinman

Quote from: taylorjones20 on February 28, 2015, 11:52:33 PM
For sure!  I use the big Alps/Browning chair cause I'm a big guy.  It's very nice!!!!!!!

+1 Best investment I've made in turkey hunting equipment. I will never be without one.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."