turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey chair

Started by deerbasshunter3, February 28, 2015, 08:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cut N Run

I've got a bad back too and have 3 vertebrae fused in my spine.  I can sit still comfortably in a Gobbler Lounger as long as I need to.  Without it, I might as well stay home. 

I replaced the cheap carrying strap on mine with inexpensive rifle slings.  I also got rid of the velcro closure strap and added a small camo pet collar with a quick release buckle so it can be set up & taken down more quickly and quietly.  The last one I bought came with a camo bag to carry it in and no strap, but I added a sling and pet collar to it and use the bag to tote a curtain blind if I need it.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

deerbasshunter3

While sitting in the chair, do you have to adjust to get your gun up, or does it have you in the "ready" shooting position?

Cut N Run

I use a gun rest for your knee that H.S. Strut makes or lay the gun across my lap.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

eddie234

I bought one at the end of season a couple years ago just to have. Never have used it, I love my h s strut seat. I bought a carry bag for my chair from usahuntingear before they went out of business, it will last a lot longer than the chair will! I've sat in the chair and it is comfortable. Have it case I ever need it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

bbcoach

A turkey chair allows you to set comfortably for long periods of time.  The drawback is more to carry.  If you are running and gunning, leave it in the truck.  Walmart has the Mossy Oak turkey chair on line for $17.89 with free pickup at your local stores or you can get one off the shelf for $19.88.  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mossy-Oak-Turkey-Thug-Gobbler-Chair/22281732  Alpz also makes two chairs that are very comfortable, roomy and support 300 lbs. but they are more expensive.  Both of these seats set low to the ground and allow you to support your gun on your knee to provide quick target acquisition. 

Spitten and drummen

Patience is the key to killing birds consistently as you very well know. The chair is a very valuable piece of equipment to me. It allows me to remain still for longer periods of time and it allows me to spend more time in a calling position. I would say it improved my kill ratio , by helping me sit in setups longer. Just my opinion
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

deerbasshunter3

I just ordered the Turkey Thugs chair from WalMart. I guess if it only lasts one season, it was only $20. The reason I say that is because,usually, when you find a product much cheaper than similar products, there is a reason.

Cutt

I just got a Cabelas Gobbler Lounger, my opinion have not hunted with it yet, but seems very comfortable. But honestly can't see me lugging this thing everywhere, every day, and will probably only use it certain times where I know where I'm going for a long sit hunt. And now I'm wishing I would have got the ALPS, same chair but has a direct carry strap on the chair. The Cabelas has a bag you must put it in to utilize the carry strap, which I don't care for.

chatterbox

Love my gobblelounger!!!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Never had a bit of trouble with mine, and it makes sitting in one spot a whole lot easier!

Cutt

Here's the one I would have got, but didn't see it till after I bought the Cabelas Gobbler Lounger. Just like the idea of the carry strap on the chair, where you don't have to carry it in a bag. Guess I'll modify mine with a cinch and carry strap.

http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-ALP85255014S

surehuntsalot

got one of the turkey thug chairs from wally world, best 15.00 I spent on turkey hunting gear
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Ringbill

Along with the Lounger, I also use the Primos QS3 Tristool chair- you sit straighter with this than the Lounger and it is easier to rise up because of its design. It has a smaller "footprint" than the Lounger and I find it easier to place in brush, and it affords better vision because you sit higher.

tha bugman

I picked up a Turkey Thug Chair at Wal-Mart for $19.95 and its really nice!

T-town

Quote from: taylorjones20 on February 28, 2015, 11:52:33 PM
For sure!  I use the big Alps/Browning chair cause I'm a big guy.  It's very nice!!!!!!!

I picked up one of these at the convention. Can't wait to try it

Thunderbolt

Yes get one,it will save your back.I have the little black folding one with a shoulder strap...it was less then 20.00 Rusty