OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey hunting TV and Web shows

Started by turkey talker, February 25, 2015, 09:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey talker

What are some of everyones favorite web and or TV shows ?   I am finding my self watching more and more web shows since they are more convenient and informative.

Britton40

jwhunter

youtube is great.

Dave Owens has some good stuff.  :you_rock:

All the TV shows are promoting products and it gets annoying.

alloutdoors

Quote from: jwhunter on February 25, 2015, 10:53:51 AM
youtube is great.

Dave Owens has some good stuff.  :you_rock:

All the TV shows are promoting products and it gets annoying.
Was going to say the same thing. All the TV shows and videos are pretty much the same these days, and they all fall into the category of "deer hunters shooting turkeys".

mgm1955

Have pretty much quit watching TV hunting shows. Not much similarity to real life hunting, just lots of self promotion.

tomstopper

Quote from: mgm1955 on February 26, 2015, 12:08:01 AM
Have pretty much quit watching TV hunting shows. Not much similarity to real life hunting, just lots of self promotion.
:agreed: Also I did watch the new DVD out by HS strut this year and was appalled. There was a scene where the guy gets to the lodge, grabs his gun and goes out hunting. Turkey comes in and he shoots it but low and manages to get another shot off and kills it. As soon as this happens another gobbler shows up and he hands his gun off to his cameraman and he to shoots low with it and then is able to take it with a second shot. The whole time this is playing out, he is saying that my gun is off, my gun is off yet he hands it to another hunter to try and get a bird... Crazy. Could have been two injured turkeys out there instead of two being dead. This is not how I hunt and will get off my soap box now. Good luck this spring.

M Sharpe

Quit watching hunting videos years ago. They never show the whole truth....too many cut aways. They're just a big joke!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

BigMick

I really like the Primos videos.  The Truth 26 is very good in my opinion and I would be willing to bet next years will be awesome.  Troy Ruiz is back with them and from what I understand he and Mr. Jimmy will be hunting a LOT together this spring.  Also Will and Brad will be featured more.  That's what I understood from talking to Troy at the convention in Nashville.

dfresh55

i love it all! i dont mind if they are promoting products...thast their job and thats how they feed their family im ok wiht that plus its good entertainment. 

USMC0331

Like some others has said, I stopped watching years ago since they are so far from the truth and give young and new hunters terrible information on how to hunt turkeys.

jason5.9

I feel like most TV hunting shows are a long commercial for multiple products, especially after the kill, they have the "hunter" sitting over his kill with all his logo clothes and accessories laid out on the carcass, and the speach always starts the same, "well i dont think i could have got it done today without my browning maxus, with pattern master choke and my blah blah boots and insulated undies made by frootie loom, we watched this bird for 3 days and couldnt get a shot and well it all worked out today"

In reality they probably could have killed the bird on day 1 with a sling shot but they didnt have enough strutting footage to make up the 10 minute spot for the hunting show so they drug it out for 3 days... 

Just my feeling on it.  I do occasionally find my way to the hunting channels but I get frustrated with the depiction of a 5 minute hunt and killing the trophy then them giving too much credit to overpriced equipment aka. sponsors. 

My grandad killed big bucks and longbeards wearing flannel shirts and blue jeans with an old double barrel 12 guage with either buckshot or 2 3/4 inch high brass... 

silvestris

Quote from: alloutdoors on February 25, 2015, 12:48:35 PM
Was going to say the same thing. All the TV shows and videos are pretty much the same these days, and they all fall into the category of "deer hunters shooting turkeys".

Amen
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

turkey talker

I really like the internet show Cabelas Spring Thunder. Its all turkey hunting with very little product pushing and no commercials to have to sit through and I can watch when I want. Yall should check it out I really think you will enjoy it.

rempumpman

There is Good & Bad in everything; we have come a long way since the days that our Grandparents hunted; we long for "yesterday" & the simplicity that goes with it BUT in all truth, we also thrive on all the "new" that comes out every year; just take a step back and look how much money that we Turkey hunters spend each season; we are made to think that we need to spend BIG dollars on Chokes, BIG dollars on the newest shotgun, BIG dollars on shells, clothing, Turkey Vest, Boots, comfortable seating, calls, and I could go on & on; these sales are generated through Magazines, Hunting videos, youtube, outdoor channels, Face Book, and just about any form of media we partake in; I fully agree that some Hunting videos aren't worth watching but some are, as with TV shows and those who produce them; it just comes down to choice.

I am very Thankful for our Hunting Heritage that has been passed downed but I am also Thankful for some modern technology that has enhanced our Great sport of Turkey Hunting.
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

BEARD HUNTER

My favorite TV show will not air till 3/21/2015 in GA  it will not come on till day break Sat morning and it will play all day, (NO RERUNS) A new show every time I tune in, some are extraordinary, some are heart breaking and all of them are memories.
When a Turkey is ready to commit suicide you can't stop him.