Turkey hunting TV and Web shows

Started by turkey talker, February 25, 2015, 09:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

surehuntsalot

quit watching them a long time ago, nothing fit to watch anymore
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Marc

Quote from: mgm1955 on February 26, 2015, 12:08:01 AM
Have pretty much quit watching TV hunting shows. Not much similarity to real life hunting, just lots of self promotion.

Being on other hunting sites (especially for waterfowl), I have noticed that a lot of people do not share a similarity of hunting with what I do.

Turkey hunting TV has to be one of the most boring shows to watch...  10 minutes of the camera pointed towards the direction of a bird gobbling, the bird comes in and beats up on the wonderful decoys being promoted, and then someone who is not even calling pulls the trigger and flops a bird...  At this point everyone gets terribly excited (knuckle-bumps and whooping are common at this point), and there is a 5 minute discussion about the wonderful calls, shells, chokes, and decoys being used.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

bammerslammer 50

I'll watch some of them. I do enjoy watching bassmasters and major league fishing though. Im not a huge bass fishermen or nothing but I do like the strategy and competition of those shows. To me that's what's missing in the hunting industry as far a television goes. There's very little talk about the hunt and the strategy of pursuit and alot of talk about the magical products that was used to kill the animals.

ridgerunner

I do like Primos but haven't seen a video for years..Knight and Hale had some good hunting videos 20 years ago, they actually educated viewers on how to hunt turkeys..always enjoyed Knight and Hale.

ericjames

Quote from: BEARD HUNTER on February 26, 2015, 08:09:30 PM
My favorite TV show will not air till 3/21/2015 in GA  it will not come on till day break Sat morning and it will play all day, (NO RERUNS) A new show every time I tune in, some are extraordinary, some are heart breaking and all of them are memories.

Sounds like the same show I'll be watching starting March 15.

DirtNap647

I agree lot of promoting but id rather watch hunting than about anything else on tv ...actually really like the avian x turkey show

Ruger M77

I like the primos videos on tv I like avian x and any Michael Waddell turkey hunt on the web I like cabelas spring thunder and several YouTube channels I won't watch any bow hunting for turkeys though not sure why considering I love bow hunting and shoot most of my deer with a bow I just find bow hunts for turkeys extremely boring. I like What Will Primos said one time turkey hunting is a shotgun sport lol.
I eat therefore I hunt

catdaddy

Quote from: surehuntsalot on February 26, 2015, 10:39:12 PM
quit watching them a long time ago, nothing fit to watch anymore

Amen. Sometimes I try to watch one--but I never make more than a few minutes before I get disgusted and switch to a show that is more realistic---like The Simpson's.   

jason5.9

Quote from: BEARD HUNTER on February 26, 2015, 08:09:30 PM
My favorite TV show will not air till 3/21/2015 in GA  it will not come on till day break Sat morning and it will play all day, (NO RERUNS) A new show every time I tune in, some are extraordinary, some are heart breaking and all of them are memories.

I sure miss hunting in GA for Spring Gobblers.  All Day hunting all season long.  In VA we only get to hunt mornings for the first 4 weeks, then it opens up to all day for the last 2 weeks of season.

Gobble!

I really like the Cabelas Gobbling Thunder series when it comes to the big names. For the smaller guys like Shanes turkey hunt public land videos on you tube. 

deerbasshunter3

Like most on here, I do not enjoy watching shows on TV because of all of the plugs. I realize that they have to feed their family just like the rest of us, but I wonder how many of them actually believe in the product that they are selling? I enjoy watching YouTube videos more than anything because a lot, if not most, are self-filmed videos that show the hunt, not shameless plugs.

TeamCF

I am really glad Troy Ruiz is back on the Truth I really liked him in the earlier episodes. The Truth to me is the best. They do promote their stuff but for the most part it all is decent and works well so I almost don't mind it.

My favorite outdoor show is Zona's Awesome Fishing Show. Like him or not he films it whether they catch a fish or not. I would like a hunting show in the same aspect. Granted it would be a bit more boring but I think people like to see the realism. Not all of us can pay $2000 to shoot turkeys or bucks we gotta knock and talk and walk the public.

Another great outdoor show is Meat Eater. They put in the time and effort and respect the hunt and the game.

TacticalDuder

I'd have to say Cabela's Spring Thunder for a web show. They have tons of good information on their website and pretty good hunts.
Primos Truth About Hunting is my favorite when it comes to TV Shows.