turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best All Terrin Tire

Started by gatrapper, February 21, 2015, 10:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird22

I've ran BF AT K/O's, Mickey Thompson ATZ's, Cooper STT's, and currently have BF Rugged Terrain TA's. Of those, my favorite was the BF AT K/O's. A few +'s were good fuel mileage, good tread life, good grip, and low road noise. The only - is they aren't cheap but after owning the others I believe they're worth the cost.

agturkey

http://www.michelinman.com
LTX2
Over 70,000 miles and still going very strong.  Best there is IMO.

nativeks

Michelins are the worst AT on the market. 70k your truck must be a pavement princess. I am lucky to get 30k out of a set. Cooper AT3 are the best on the market at this time.

Tail Feathers

I got 20,000 miles out of my Cooper At3's.  Just 20K.  They cupped and wore horribly.
I've had pretty good luck with Firestone Discovery.
I drive a Toyota Tacoma and religiously rotate and check my tires. 
This may be the first thing I've seen that didn't like Michelen A/T tires.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

TJR

I love my Cooper AT3's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snoodsniper

Nitro Terra grappler 10 ply

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

paboxcall

I had a set of Michelin LTX M/S2 on my truck, 18", never again.  They have a strange reinforcing bar in the outer edge that becomes visible at half the tread wear, but makes the outer tread look bald.  I think 18" is too big and needs side wall support so that was Michelin answer.  Too bad, its a great tire on the smaller wheels and that tire doesn't have that bar.  20K miles and I needed to change them out even though the wear bars were still deep in the center treads.  Slid on the wet roads.

I have 5k miles on a set of Cooper Discover RTX available only through National Tire.  Really good tread, quiet, and seems to be wearing well though a little early to tell.  Got them on a buy 3 get one free plus a rebate.  Good price for 18" tires.  Will put another set on for that price when these wear out.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

obro

I have had the destinations , bfg ats and the cooper at 3s . The bfgs are the most expensive but I liked them the best for my driving . I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the other 2 but my next set will be the bfgs .

Dtrkyman

Quote from: Skeeterbait on February 21, 2015, 11:55:17 AM
Look at General Grabber AT2 if you want a really tough tire, good ride, low noise, reasonable price.

Best maybe not, best value pretty likely...I have had great luck with Bridgestone as well, 4 different types of Duelers so far and all have been great!

Assault

Quote from: gatrapper on February 21, 2015, 10:16:11 AM
I have Firestone Destination A/Ts on my truck. I like the tires, but I sometimes feel that they wear weird. I had BFG A/Ts on the truck before the Destinations. I keep hearing good things about Coopers A/Ts.

What's y'all's input?
take a look at mastercraft tires..... I run MT, wife runs one step below an AT..... Great tires... Good price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatrapper

I use my truck (Toyota Tacoma) for hunting/trapping as well as commuting to work. I appreciate all the info y'all!
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

SKFOOTER

Quote from: gatrapper on February 21, 2015, 08:58:53 PM
I use my truck (Toyota Tacoma) for hunting/trapping as well as commuting to work. I appreciate all the info y'all!
You didn't mention if you rotate your tires regularly or make sure your alignment is good????

Izzyjoe

I had a pair of wintermark m/s tires on the back of old ford courier, they lasted 7yrs, it surprised me many times, but that truck would go almost anywhere with good tires!

Big Treble

Quote from: gatrapper on February 21, 2015, 10:16:11 AM
I have Firestone Destination A/Ts on my truck. I like the tires, but I sometimes feel that they wear weird.

What do you mean "wear weird"?

odds are any unevenness probably won't be a tire issue, more than likely it is mechanical.  The composition of the tire will make some last longer than others, but all good tires should wear evenly (across the tread)