turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What's your favorite Turkey book?

Started by Thunderchicken14, February 20, 2015, 07:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunderchicken14

I am always looking for another good read about turkey hunting. Especially this time of year, it helps me get fired up. I always read the Tenth Legion,as a matter of fact I will finish it this weekend. I am looking for something new to get. Maybe that will help get me to March. Lets hear what ya'll like. :turkey2:
Proud member of the "Tenth Legion"

aaron

the tenth legion for sure.   brings back many memories.  I read that thing over and over as I was first starting out :z-winnersmiley:

bammerslammer 50

Turkey hunting spring and fall by Doug camp.

wvboy

"The old Pro Turkey Hunter" by Gene Nunnery .. tenth legion a close second..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

Thunderchicken14

Never heard of "The Old Pro". I will have to google it.

alloutdoors

The Old Pro Turkey Hunter is in a league of its own. Beyond that A One Man Game by Kenny Morgan is high on my list along with both Double Gobble and Turkey Roost Tales by Bobby Dale.

davisd9

Old Pro Turkey Hunter hands down the best.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

TheSportsman

Without a doubt, East of the Slash by wade wineman.

silvestris

"The Wild Turkey and Its Hunting" by E.A. McIlhenny
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: alloutdoors on February 20, 2015, 09:04:58 AM
The Old Pro Turkey Hunter is in a league of its own. Beyond that A One Man Game by Kenny Morgan is high on my list along with both Double Gobble and Turkey Roost Tales by Bobby Dale.
Old Pro Turkey Hunter is my all time favorate.  I am currently Reading Kenny Morgan's One Man game, and it's awesome as well.  I put it up there with Old Pro Turkey hunter. 

Spring Creek Calls

Morgan's One Man Game is the best I've read, mostly because I agree with the premise that it's a one man game. I love to call for and help others, but when I've got the gun in my hands, I want it to be me and him.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

tomstopper

Quote from: davisd9 on February 20, 2015, 09:06:11 AM
Old Pro Turkey Hunter hands down the best.
This and my second close favorite is The Tenth Legion.....

Thunderchicken14

I really like Brian Lovett. "hunting pressured turkeys" is a very informative read.

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

catdaddy