OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How to straighten bbl?

Started by fountain2, February 09, 2015, 03:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fountain2

ive seen people offer to fix poa/poi using factory bead sight.  Im looking to do this on my gun.  I don't want to put a scope on this one..its for my wife and she is set on the dead ringer sight
exactly how is this done and is this something I can do myself and save time and money?

Tbrady835

A lot of people might tell you not to do this but I have done it and it works, bend the barrel between a tree limb just be very careful. Pm me if interested and I'll tell u details

drum817

I'd say take it to a HIGHLY trained gunsmith....call me crazy, but I don't think "bending the barrel between two tree limbs"  is exactly safe in ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

jason5.9

Is it a $100 beater gun, or a $600 show gun?  I would try bending it myself if its just a beater gun and its easy to replace, but if its something nice i wouldnt risk it...  I got a 20 guage savage i paid like $80 for.  I would probably bend it myself if it werent so dag on accurate.

fountain2

its a benelli montefeltro..I really hate to bend it between tree limbs, but that's not the first time ive heard that suggested as wild as it sounds
ive got to get it shooting straight somehow..its hitting low/right.  if it was high, I could work with it some, but its low and I don't know how to work with that

worth612000

Quote from: drum817 on February 09, 2015, 03:23:14 PM
I'd say take it to a HIGHLY trained gunsmith....call me crazy, but I don't think "bending the barrel between two tree limbs"  is exactly safe in ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :anim_25:

worth612000

I'am thinking on buying a beater gun and bend the barrel into a  "U " for those sneaky birds that slips  in behind me.

worth612000

Quote from: worth612000 on February 09, 2015, 04:12:31 PM
I'am thinking on buying a beater gun and bend the barrel into a  "U " for those sneaky birds that slips  in behind me.

Just joking

drum817

Quote from: worth612000 on February 09, 2015, 04:12:31 PM

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:  THAT'S FUNNY!!!

Mike Honcho

I would look into the Tru GLo Magnum Gobble
stopper pro series sights. Will correct poi for about $45.00 if gun has a rib....remove later if you don't need them.

drum817

mudhen

Quote from: Mike Honcho on February 09, 2015, 04:18:17 PM
I would look into the Tru GLo Magnum Gobble
stopper pro series sights. Will correct poi for about $45.00 if gun has a rib....remove later if you don't need them.

This...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

the Ward

Try using the stock adjusting shims first if you haven't already. If you raise the comb it will raise the point of impact. The shims also will adjust for cast, which will move impact left or right. It may get your impact where you need it without having to bend barrel. Also sometimes the choke holes are bored slightly off, maybe see if a different choke changes impact. Good luck I hope you get it shooting straight, Montefeltros are really nice guns!

worth612000

Quote from: the Ward on February 09, 2015, 04:55:59 PM
Try using the stock adjusting shims first if you haven't already. If you raise the comb it will raise the point of impact. The shims also will adjust for cast, which will move impact left or right. It may get your impact where you need it without having to bend barrel. Also sometimes the choke holes are bored slightly off, maybe see if a different choke changes impact. Good luck I hope you get it shooting straight, Montefeltros are really nice guns!

So that's what's those are for. I remember getting a bag of them and thought it was just something to put in a drawer.

fountain2

Bought used ad and don't have any shims