turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many shells?

Started by dirt road ninja, February 03, 2015, 03:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoodsniper

I always keep two in my vest in case I misplace the 3 that are usually in the gun. It happens....

surehuntsalot

5 in the gun, 5 in the vest, 10-20 in the truck
never know what might happen
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Izzyjoe

I carry one in the pipe, which is a given, 3 in the mag. That way i can load a 7 1/2 birdshot in case of a snake attack! I also carry two rounds of 00 buck for yotes! I also carry a 22 pistol cause you never know!

tomstopper

3 in the gun and 2 in the vest

WildTigerTrout

3 in the gun and 5 in the vest. My vest has 5 loops so that's how many extras I carry.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Blong

2 in my gun(superstitious) 1 in my pocket.

Timmer

1 in the chamber, 2 in the magazine.  I've never shot more than once, so I don't know why I need all 3.

Maybe I should put that 3rd in my vest in case I ever forget to load the gun before I head into the field!
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

gobbler777

For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

mgm1955

3 in the gun, 5 in the vest

Gooserbat

Seven, just because that's how I've always done it.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jakesdad

3 in gun 3 in vest.If the boy is with me I carry 3 of his also.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Cut N Run

With the SBE; 1 in the chamber, 3 in the magazine, & 5 in the vest loops. 
With the single shot; 1 in the chamber, 1 in my right hand vest pocket, and 5 in the vest loops.
Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

budtripp

I usually just put 3 in the gun and go hunting.  There's usually more in the truck  (box of 5-10). I used to fill my vest full of extra shells but after a couple miles of walking you start looking for ways to lighten up the load.

silvestris

I have always carried two in my right front pants pocket with one in the Encore or three in the SBE, whichever I am carrying.  I did have to reload the Encore once for the coup de grace and was glad the extras were where they were supposed to be.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Gobble!