OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Unprepared And Behind!

Started by guesswho, February 02, 2015, 05:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Just got the new 2015 Cabelas catalog.  Wow, it made me realize just how unprepared and behind times I really am.  Twelve pages of decoys ranging from fan only, half a turkey and full body strutters, swivel models and models with raising and lowering fans.  Even a white decoy.  Sixteen pages of calls ranging from box calls to calls with batteries.  Five pages of blinds.  Even a chair with a built in Ghillie suit.  And another that fits on your barrel.  Specialized optics, shells chokes etc.  Even found some boots with a built in striker holder and a holder for mouth calls and a knob to tighten the laces.  I may have to get me a pair of those along with a pair of the Turtleskin Snake Armour Chaps.  Then several pages of vests that look like something for a fighter pilot, and camo glasses. 

I don't have hardly any of this stuff and seasons right around the corner.   I'm not feeling to good about my chances this season after getting this catalog.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

dirt road ninja

They offer express shipping, so you'll be alright. Hurry up or somebody else will buy it and kill the last two turkeys in Bama before you!

KPcalls

WOW....I can't wait to get mine....Did you notice any camo reaper knee pads...?

guesswho

I think they were an option with the Turtleskin Snake Armour Chaps.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

tomstopper

Quote from: dirt road ninja on February 02, 2015, 05:18:44 PM
They offer express shipping, so you'll be alright. Hurry up or somebody else will buy it and kill the last two turkeys in Bama before you!
:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

harvester

I'm worse off than you are!!!!! I don't even have the catalog! :TrainWreck1:

mgm1955

Deputy 14

You better start spending man. You of all people need those things. Hahahaha

guesswho

I figure I might order something off each page as a confidence booster. 
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Big Treble

I have not seen the new catalog either, but don't worry I have applied for 24 new credit cards, taken a second home loan and three pay day loans  since your post, in anticipation of the new catalog arriving.

I think if I get one of everything I should be fine, shouldn't I?  :)

Bigspurs68

How in the world do we even kill turkeys now without this stuff? Luck?
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

hookedspur

Whats the name of that song ??
Aw Yeah I was country when country wasnt cool ,,,,or something like that
You done got left out of the cool bunch guesswho you better get on the stick or your killin days will surley end.

:funnyturkey:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BHMTitan

I was looking at that same catalog while eating breakfast this morning.  I was thinking how overwhelmed (and broke) a beginning turkey hunter would be thinking he needed all that stuff to kill turkeys.

I have a small fanny pack that carries everything I need.  Simple is better!

bbcoach

I think we need to get out our single shot, break down shotguns, some 2 3/4" #4 lead shells, box calls and stop all this FLUFF.  It was GOOD for our Grandfathers and Great Grandfathers, so why do we have to take out a second mortgage on our homes to turkey hunt.  :z-dizzy:

dfresh55