News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Official Team Noob Thread

Started by JuniorPre 360, January 16, 2015, 01:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamagtrdude

Quote from: Bigeclipse on March 24, 2015, 08:23:51 AM
I'm in NY and our season doesn't start until May 1st. We have a limit of two toms, one per day. I'm hoping to at least get a jake this year due to circumstances of logging going on in my only area to hunt. Last year it was actually good...I got chance at 4 toms...two busted me and I froze when I should have shot, one I had a misfire on the ammo when i pulled the trigger (i was so pissed) and the 4th hung up at about 50 yards. I have to admit...I was strictly a deer hunter for 5 years now but damn...turkey hunting is a blast!!!

Awesome dude; good luck!
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

ScottS

My season starts tomorrow here in Texas, unfortunately the weather sucks. It is windy and rainy but I'll do my best to add another to the kill thread! Go team noob!!!

kevin2

Good luck. I've still got 18 days!
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

mason3toes

Quote from: ScottS on April 03, 2015, 09:56:54 AM
My season starts tomorrow here in Texas, unfortunately the weather sucks. It is windy and rainy but I'll do my best to add another to the kill thread! Go team noob!!!
good luck

Big Treble

Heading out tomorrow for a "rookie" hunt, heard quite a few gobblers in the morning and saw more than 40 tonight 2 larger rafters and a trio of mature toms. We will hit the 3 toms early, the other seem to be henned up and will use them as plan b.

kevin2

Sounds like a blast! Hope you bag a gobber...

Quote from: Big Treble on April 03, 2015, 10:45:04 PM
Heading out tomorrow for a "rookie" hunt, heard quite a few gobblers in the morning and saw more than 40 tonight 2 larger rafters and a trio of mature toms. We will hit the 3 toms early, the other seem to be henned up and will use them as plan b.

ScottS

Well I struck out this morning. Birds were roosted on the property line with a gang of hens. Gobbled there heads off on the limb hit the ground gobbled once then took off the opposite direction with the hens. Why does turkey hunting have to be so frustrating.

Efey

I didn't hear or see a thing this morning. Nasty weather for it. Plenty of tracks on the ground but camera shows no activity in normal areas for last few days. Wonder what's up

kevin2

sorry to hear you both struck out. Good thing is, you were hunting & I was doing laundry!

Big Treble

Well I scored. Not a big bird but a 2 year old.  Will try to up load the other pics.  I have another tag, and 5 more days I about 3 weeks so not sure if this bird is what I want to submit. Only 19.5 lbs and spurs under an inch. 9" beard.

Is there a time frame to submit?  Looks like 54.375

kevin2

Sweet Gobbler. I'd take him in a heart beat!

Quote from: Big Treble on April 04, 2015, 09:44:07 PM
Well I scored. Not a big bird but a 2 year old.  Will try to up load the other pics.  I have another tag, and 5 more days I about 3 weeks so not sure if this bird is what I want to submit. Only 19.5 lbs and spurs under an inch. 9" beard.

mason3toes

:TrainWreck1:
Quote from: Big Treble on April 04, 2015, 09:44:07 PM

congrats beautiful bird.

Efey

Efey

Well I reviewed camera footage and I have turkey activity up until the middle of last week when a coyote started showing up. The yote has been on camera everyday since. Is my season over? Seems like the birds wouldn't hang around that.

ScottS

Go kill the yote then kill your gobbler, keep at em!