OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Need Feedback

Started by trb136, December 23, 2014, 12:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trb136

This is what I came up with for a Longbox Case, It has brown Lambswool inside, Thoughts Suggestions? Someone mentioned a flap that goes over the top of call...I am open for any help. Thanks Tim

mgm1955

If it is reasonably snug I think it will work just as it is. Looks great!

pappy

Don't know Tim, looks a tad too nice for the woods, so send it to my house for Christmas.....I'll take great care of it! A strap over the handle with snaps would look cool! Like a sheath for a fixed blade knife?
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

hunter22

Looks great Tim. My only suggestion is that you may make it just a little deeper or put a flap over the handle. I am really rough on calls and need all the protection I can get.

davisd9

A spot to put some chalk would be nice as well. Sort of like the knife sheathes with the stone pocket.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

legend

maybe a strap across the top with a snap .other than that it is a very fine looking call case.

Austy

Looks super nice Tim!!  With that lambswool inside I would have to believe a person could stand on their head and not have to worry about the call coming out.  I personally think a snap on it would just create a wear point.

VA_Birdhunter

I think it looks great!  Nice job!

God bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

dreis3

That's really nice!  If it's snug I'd leave it alone  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

owlhoot

really nice, a chalk pocket and a strap would be good too. BUT as is it is good to go.

callmakerman

Tim to only thing I would do is make it so it hangs a little lower on the waist line. I believe when you put this on a belt it may ride to high and get in the way where if you lengthen the back strap and belt loop to ride lower it will be more accessible. JMO

outdoors

THATS A NICE LOOKING HOLSTER , AS BIG AS THAT CALL IS I WOOD ASK FOR A SHOULDER HOLSTER
SO THAT IT WILL HANG TO MY SIDE THEN WHEN I SIT IT'S NOT IN THE WAY  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

bbcustomboxcalls

Idratherb

looks awesome but my only suggestion is a little deeper so the call is protected more.

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: outdoors on December 25, 2014, 12:39:10 PM
THATS A NICE LOOKING HOLSTER , AS BIG AS THAT CALL IS I WOOD ASK FOR A SHOULDER HOLSTER
SO THAT IT WILL HANG TO MY SIDE THEN WHEN I SIT IT'S NOT IN THE WAY  :icon_thumright:

Ya know, that's not a bad idea. Kinda like Dirty Harry pulling out his 44 magnum.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com