turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey eggs?

Started by Lukas929, June 03, 2014, 02:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukas929

I was walking through a field the dnr burned looking for deer antler sheds and came across multiple bird nests, I am wondering if these are turkey eggs?

Snoodsniper

I believe turkey eggs are speckled. I can't tell if those are or not. Regardless it seems pretty ignorant to burn during nesting season.

TauntoHawk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mikejd

They look like turkey to me. I would make a call to dnr. Maybe they need to be award of nesting season.

Lukas929

About the size of a chicken egg. I have only seen turkey eggs once and I forget what they look like. The next pic I'm going to post the egg was speckled even though its hard to tell from the picture an maybe a tad bigger than a chicken egg. I came across about 6-7 different nests most were crushed and I thought the same thing about it being pretty ignorant. Kind of made me mad seeing all of them.

Crawdad

Yes they are Turkey eggs & that picture just gave me an upset stomach. What a shame.

Lukas929

MACHINIST

What state is this?Why the he'll would they do soething like this during a nesting season?Sound like the DNR there need a punch right in the forehead

Lukas929

Wisconsin

wisconsinteacher

This does not just hurt turkeys but other birds that are nesting and fawns that are days/weeks old. 

troutfisher13111

That seems pretty ignorant. I would definitely make a call.

tomstopper

Quote from: Terry on June 03, 2014, 07:01:29 PM
That seems pretty ignorant. I would definitely make a call.
Yes sir  :agreed:

mikejd

Im sick to my stomach. The sad part is that if these morons burned one field who knows how many more they do it to. Maybe need to send some pics to the NWTF maybe they could enlighten someone.

ltprod

Uneducated bout nesting turkeys and fawn dropping!!!
Makes no sense at all!!
Make calls to dnr and nwtf with pics sent via email
My 2 cents!!!

Bigspurs68

Turkey eggs...yes. Stupid?? That doesn't even cover it! There are measures to be taken with control burns and apparently some genius could care less. What county?
Momma said "Kill that turkey"