turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Limb hanger

Started by Snoodsniper, May 17, 2014, 07:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoodsniper

Been bustin my butt all season finally got a nice one this morning. 14lbs, 8 1/2" beard and 1 1/4" spurs. Hunt time was a total of 20 minutes. My buddy shot one at 6:20 we met up at 7:00... this guy ate a load of long beards at 7:45. After working a 12 hour shift in this was a good reward. Glad I didn't go to bed instead of hunting!! What an awesome morning...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Nice bird. Congrats.....

El Pavo Grande

Congrats...very nice spurs too!!!!

WillH

Snoodsniper

Thanks guys. The birds are pretty light here in PA because of the hard winter. This guy would normally go around 20 lbs.

DirtNap647

mikejd

very nice. Congrats.

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Snoodsniper on May 17, 2014, 09:18:37 PM
Thanks guys. The birds are pretty light here in PA because of the hard winter. This guy would normally go around 20 lbs.

My Pa. limbhanger this year weighed 20.6 pounds, had 1 1/4" spurs and a 9 3/4" beard. He certainly was'nt light by any means. I have heard of some birds being lighter than normal but he was not. Great bird congratulations.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

captin_hook

Snoodsniper

It all depends on the feed available. This guy wasn't killed in corn country. I fed birds most of the winter in my area. They were feeding anywhere food was available often right next to  busy roads which is not normal around my place.

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Snoodsniper on May 17, 2014, 10:05:03 PM
It all depends on the feed available. This guy wasn't killed in corn country. I fed birds most of the winter in my area. They were feeding anywhere food was available often right next to  busy roads which is not normal around my place.

Mine certainly was'nt killed in farm country, he was a "Big Woods" Clinton County Ridgerunner! LOL
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Bigspurs68

Of all the things a turkey has to have to be a good one to me,, fat is not one of those things. Good bird. Good job.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Bigspurs68 on May 17, 2014, 10:32:01 PM
Of all the things a turkey has to have to be a good one to me,, fat is not one of those things. Good bird. Good job.
+1 IMO the spurs are the true trophy.

Snoodsniper

Quote from: Bigspurs68 on May 17, 2014, 10:32:01 PM

I certainly agree. Just stating most of the birds in my area that have been killed are lighter than normal due to the hard winter. I didn't think anyone was gonna take the mine is bigger than yours route.

Rokhal07