News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Limb hanger

Started by Snoodsniper, May 17, 2014, 07:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Quote from: Bigspurs68 on May 17, 2014, 10:32:01 PM
Of all the things a turkey has to have to be a good one to me,, fat is not one of those things. Good bird. Good job.
:agreed: What I consider the most important quality of the birds I have taken is not the length of the beard or spurs, or the weight of the bird, but instead is the experience of each hunt. The rest are just a bonus IMO.....

Bigspurs68

I expected to find light birds this year too. Winter held on for a long time and we have mostly big hills with timber. There were no heavyweights but most were of average weight. I killed a 14.5 pound bird several years ago with 1 1/4 spurs. Most others that year were heavy birds. I think some are just hyper active ridge runners that would rather chase girls than eat. I like em either way.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

Snoodsniper

I've killed other light birds before but usually there breast feathers are gone from breeding some even have a big scab/callus looking thing. This guy wasn't missing a feather.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: Snoodsniper on May 17, 2014, 11:17:47 PM
Quote from: Bigspurs68 on May 17, 2014, 10:32:01 PM
Of all the things a turkey has to have to be a good one to me,, fat is not one of those things. Good bird. Good job.

I certainly agree. Just stating most of the birds in my area that have been killed are lighter than normal due to the hard winter. I didn't think anyone was gonna take the mine is bigger than yours route.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Was'nt taking that route, but the winter here was also rougher than most and I was quite surprised to see the birds faired pretty well despite the long winter.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

owlhoot

Congrats on a good lookin ole ridgerunner :icon_thumright:

dfresh55

weave

Love them hooks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Tail Feathers

Sleep is for AFTER turkey season!  Way to go!! :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

troutfisher13111

steveo

Way to go congrats !!

beagler

Never Misses

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

darn2ten

Congrats on a nice bird! I had a post titled "Limbhanger" as we'll, lol.

surehuntsalot

congrats on a fine bird
it's not the harvest,it's the chase