OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

dream gun?

Started by dfresh55, May 01, 2014, 06:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfresh55

If you could buy any gun for the turkey woods what would it be? :OGturkeyhead:

lowoctane

:turkey2:
A lightweight single shot 12x3" set up by William at Sumtoy; short barrel, small red dot or ghost site, dipped in Realtree Extra Green... :icon_thumright:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

10gaugemag

Pretty happy with the 3 I own. If I had the urge and the money for another I would get an older American Arms stack barreled 10 bore, screw in tubes.

DirtNap647

wibirdhunter

Any gun

I'll take a Holland and Holland or similar best shotgun with 3.5 inch chambers (don't think that exist) with world class engraving of game scenes with my dogs. 1 barrel set with 2 fixed turkey choke constrictions and 1 barrel set with a 15 and a 25.

Practical gun.

I'll take my a400.

COssman14

Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

Birdyblaster

Mine would be a Beretta Xtrema II with kickoff system and a pistol grip stock fitted with a 24" Mossberg 835 barrel wearing an Aimpoint Micro T-1 red dot.  It would put 300 Hevi shot #7 pellets in a 10" circle at 60 yards under any weather condition.

Snake reaper

A auto with a short barrel that would put 300 or better heavy shot in a 10 in circle at 60 or better yards.

Dtrkyman

A 5lb O/U,  Full choke in one really tight in the other!

Skeeterbait

Ridge Rooster

I like it Skeeterbait!!

If I could figure out how to post pictures, I would post mine.

Mine is a SBE Steady Grip, added a softer recoil pad, added a God o Grip shotgun wedge to get my eye up a little higher for my FF3 mounted on a 336 base with FF Protector, Willaims Extra Power Recoil Spring, Trigger tuned by Rob Robertson, Rhino .660 Choke and Nitro 4x5x7 3.5", putting over 300 in a 10" @ 40 consistently.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

WildSpur

Got mine:  870 supermag with shurshot stock.  Jellyhead 660 and 3.5" magblends.   Burris ff2 with Warbird turkey foot protector.   The choke and guard are dipped to match the rest of the gun.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

WildTigerTrout

I have several turkey specific shotguns already, a Benelli SBE, a Benelli Nova 20, a Rem 870 SM, a Browning BPS 10 and a Knight TK 2000. Not in the market but if I were I would look hard at the Benelli SBE II.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

the Ward

I already own mine! Benelli vinci,steady grip, bushnell trs-25, sumtoy .650 and kicks .665. I can swap it back to waterfowl hunting in a minute by swapping the stock back, pulling the sight off and putting the sumtoy fowl play choke in. Someday down the road I want a 26" plain black vinci, dip it in bottomland and put the steadygrip, trs-25 and sumtoy in for a dedicated gobbler gun. My other "dream gun" is my bps 10 that I am slowly turning into a lethal dedicated turkey taker. Btw, love that gun Skeeterbait! The camo on that gun  just looks amazing too!     :OGturkeyhead:

RAY