turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

it has been real and been fun

Started by knightrider, April 14, 2014, 09:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knightrider

but its no longer real fun, with all the whining,fighting,bashing,chest beating and flat out way out their fibs. I appreciate you guys that have been good to me and ive learned a lot from most of you but the ole saying a few bad apples ruin the bunch, has now held true on one of the greatest sites on the net. good luck to all you guys keep your guns clean and your aim true and take off his noggin!! :jesus-cross:

alclark2

That's too bad. Some folks get online and behind that keyboard...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

DirtNap647

its a good site just a few sometimes that you got to over look

lowoctane

Hey buddy! Please don't let a few of the pukes run ya off!
There has got to be the good as the foundation of this site. Is there an option to block, or do we just let them show themselves for what they are and pray for them? Or we could try and help them along in Christ by quoting them scripture...
:jesus-cross:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

mikejd

This site has to be one of the best places around.
There is always going to be a few bad apples vut dont give up.

Longshanks

This is the best most informative website I've ever seen with a genuine willingness to help each other out. We hate to lose anyone from here. The folks on Old Gobbler have helped fix my turkey guns over and over and hopefully I've helped a few along the way. We all have bad days and get in arguments. Human nature. Unfortunately hunting deer/turkey brings the worst out in some people. Saw a man get in a fist fight with another man because his boy shot a deer that was 3.5 and not 4.5+.  Hunting has attracted a bunch of ego, pride driven folks that definitely take the fun out of it. I've killed several trophy bucks and I don't even talk about them or want people to know because you wouldn't believe the animosity that it brings out in people.. most of which don't even know me. Keep things simple, enjoy the outdoors, and try to help somebody along the way is what I go with. All the rest doesn't even matter. :jesus-cross:

mightyjoeyoung

Geez!  I'm gone for a little while and all sorts of stuff happens!  K.R.  don't let a few egomaniacs ruin no doubt the best turkey hunting chat forum out there for you.  I know we've butted heads before but that's all part of the game right?  Gotta role with the idiots...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Grunt-N-Gobble

It isn't that bad.............  This is the net!!!!  Got to have some thick skin and not let others get to you.

Skeeterbait

Yep, the good far outweighs the bad here.  I learn a lot from this forum and I offer up what I know or my experienced opinion on a few things.  I just put it out there, if it helps someone great. If someone thinks differently that's just fine, their certainly entitled to.  I won't make an effort to sway them.  And if anyone is overbearing on something, I just move on.  Life is too short to let people on the internet get you down.  I hope you will stick around, I have enjoyed talking with you and I genuinely would like to know how those chokes perform for you in the field.

drum817

Sure wish you'd stay man!!!  .....but if that's your final decision then I respect it.  Best of luck....you've got my number feel free to hollar anytime!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

CrustyRusty

Tom Foolery

Hang around, it's not worth getting fired up over the interwebs.

To summarize what Longshanks said - Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff

budtripp

Honestly this forum is one of the best most friendly groups of folks I've ever seen on the Internet.  Not sure whats going on . Want to see a real bashfest hang out on archerytalk.com for awhile  :TrainWreck1: I say stick around man, this place is great.

Gooserbat

Wow, and this is the best place I've ever hung out online.  sure there are some who go overboard at times but I overlook them and go on...and if they get to stupid then Shannon doesn't overlook them, hehe, and they go away.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jblackburn

Quote from: budtripp on April 15, 2014, 10:25:02 PM
Honestly this forum is one of the best most friendly groups of folks I've ever seen on the Internet.  Not sure whats going on . Want to see a real bashfest hang out on archerytalk.com for awhile  :TrainWreck1: I say stick around man, this place is great.

I quit getting on AT (or posting at least) a long time ago.  Everybody's way is better than everybody else's over there!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.