turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

it has been real and been fun

Started by knightrider, April 14, 2014, 09:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

One of the first things I learned from operating a forum , is that it becomes a excellent platform for those with little real world experience and even less common sense to pass themselves off as a " expert "

These people will attempt to bully the membership and eventually the administration of the site and essentially take over the show -- visit any water fowling or archery forum and there is no shortage of punk azz school kids spamming the site with their bs about how their bow shoots 500 bazillions of fps per second , or shooting at 100 yards at geese blah blah blah .....

By the way "...I publicly DARE the person who posted up that 92 yard shot thread to try something like
That again - see what I do....I give most people a pass the first time, the second time I show them how far my laptop can reach you --
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

lowoctane

I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Longshanks

Thank you Old Gobbler for putting the time and effort into running this website. Best hunting related website/forum period. This site attracts quality people and when any of us gets out of line, you address it the way it should be. Thanks for caring about the the future of the wild turkey and turkey hunting. Great site, great people.

reflexl

This forum has always been one of the best. I see waht Old Gobbler is saying though. I have seen where people kill one bird and are instantly an expert. I don't even know how many I have killed and I still aint a expert. I don't mind sharing my observations and I experiment quite a bit but I sure don't discount someone that has 20+ kills. I want to hear what they have to say. reflexl

captin_hook

surehuntsalot

The best hunting site that I have ever hung out in.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Twowithone

Excellent site and I have picked up a lot of information from different turkey hunters on this forum. Thanks ol gobbler. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

ohiostrutter

I'll second that archery talk is a joke anymore I've learned so much from this site has helped me tremendously the last few years

kshutt

I'm new here, but I still wish that you'd reconsider leaving. I felt like I got roughed up a little over my first post because I didn't know some of the methods or lingo here.  ;) I don't care, though. I just try to be kind and helpful to people no matter how they treat me. There's no need for you to leave, brother, because there will never be a shortage of rude, hateful people no matter where you go. As long as you're not one of them, you'll always come out ahead. It looks like you have several friends here!  :cross2:

bmhern

I'm still kinda new here, but been hunting most of my 60 yrs. There are overbearing know it alls in all  walks of life, hunting included. This is really a great website don't let a few bad apples deter you from visiting with all these good people that have the same passion for this sport. There is a wealth of knowledge here with people that are more than happy to share that with you, help with any issues you may have, and genuinely care. Best wishes whatever you do.
                                                                                                                        Steve