News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What state are you from?

Started by JVA54, March 15, 2011, 11:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JVA54

I live in southeast Illinois.

Are you going to be hunting only your state or are you going out of state or both?

How many tags will you have to fill?     :z-guntootsmiley:

:turkey2:

blackmagic

Florida.  Our central season starts up this saturday :you_rock:

We're allowed 2 for the season. More than likely I'll be only hunting Florida on public land, but I'm hoping to maybe get an invite from a buddy to sneak up to GA for a weekend.

davisd9

I am from South Carolina.  We get 5 tags a year.  The part of the state I hunt season is April 1 to May 1.  Hope to get to move around the state a little, but if not then I am good with the land I hunt.  I have April 1 and April 8 off of work so I will be in the woods the whole weekend of those two and also every other Saturday and possibly sunday morning.  These post of other hunter's kills is eating me up!  Come on April 1!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

JVA54

davisd9    I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!    April the 4 for me.

gobblerkiller

Indiana! April 27th, but will be in KY on April 16th

KYFrid

Just hunting in my home state of WV this year. We get 2 tags. But season doesnt start until April 25th.  :'(

kdavis31

I'm in FL.  Also might be hunting NH, GA, and SC just depends on how work is going.

alloutdoors

I'm in NY.  Two tags here and season doesn't start until May 1st.  I may also get to hunt PA toward the end of May.

somedude

Mississippi here.  Started last weekend here.  Got on some loudmouths early but the hens started talkin nasty so the 5 toms went with the hens.  Saw some more toms yesterday but couldn't close the deal.  Just a matter of time. :turkey2:    <>< del
A generous man will prosper; He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.  Prov  11:25
DALES TURKEY CALLS
Stevens 20 gauge
Remington 870  12 gauge
https://i.imgur.com/howRdMo.jpg

JVA54

Quote from: somedude on March 16, 2011, 07:18:37 AM
Mississippi here.  Started last weekend here.  Got on some loudmouths early but the hens started talkin nasty so the 5 toms went with the hens.  Saw some more toms yesterday but couldn't close the deal.  Just a matter of time. :turkey2:    <>< del
:anim_25:           :fud: :newmascot:

davisd9

Quote from: alloutdoors on March 15, 2011, 10:12:41 PM
I'm in NY.  Two tags here and season doesn't start until May 1st.  I may also get to hunt PA toward the end of May.

If I had to wait until May to get out in the woods then I do not know if I would be able to make it.  The low country guys here is SC started yesterday and that is eating away at me.  :help:
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

thndrchkn

ALABAMA    season opened yesterday   
went both days and heard nothing    im in the northern part of the state and it usualy gets good about the 1st of april

turkeykiller22

Ill be hunting Alabama, Mississippi Tennessee, Kansas, Nebraska, and Missouri if I can work everything out... Shoulda killed 2 in AL today, went to move on them, and they slipped in where I was sitting... :/ went to pick dad up, and he had killed 2 with one shot...ill be hunting the rest of the week, so maybe I can put another one on the ground!

Good Luck team!!!
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

FireDoc

From Michigan and hunting there of course, but also have a lease in Kentucky so I will be chasing Longbeards there as well. Also might be heading to Ohio, and Pennsylvania as well.  :icon_thumright:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

LilFridWV

Quote from: WVFrid on March 15, 2011, 06:30:34 PM
Just hunting in my home state of WV this year. We get 2 tags. But season doesnt start until April 25th.  :'(
It makes it tough when you have a full time job and a wife that yells at you for using all of your vacation time for turkey hunting. but its worth it :you_rock: