OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

QUITTING TURKEY HUNTING!

Started by bamagtrdude, April 01, 2014, 10:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamagtrdude

Well, this morning was the deg'gum ICING on the cake; went with a newbie friend of mine to some public land, and he had been telling me about this bozo who's insisting on riding his 4-wheeler & turkey hunting out there...

We get there around 5:30am & ease into the woods, and just before 6am, I hear something -- ask my buddy, "Did you just hear a 4-wheeler crank up?"  About that time, I hear this idiot cruising out of the parking lot, & coming down the road...  I tell my friend, "Let's get in the woods!"...  So, we step into the woods, and wait for things to die down a bit...  Make a few calls, and 2 hens within 100 yards crank up in the trees, tree yelping & clucking...  :(

I've had it with this sport; there is NO END to the idiocy I've seen out of turkey hunters...  Then all you deg'gum naysayers on this forum tell me my calling sucks -- well, YOUR calling sucks!!!

I'm over-cooked at this point...  If you're interested in my calls, PM me - I've got some nice pots & box calls I'll make you a deal on...

BGD
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

RemingtonRules

longbeard11

Cant let people steal your joy.  If you enjoy something you cant let others ruin it for you with their stupidity. 

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

bamagtrdude

I'm serious about the guy on the 4-wheeler!!!
---

gophert

Well, you do live in Alabama...... :TooFunny:   I just had to say it!

bamagtrdude

Quote from: gophert on April 01, 2014, 11:02:20 AM
Well, you do live in Alabama...... :TooFunny:   I just had to say it!

Yes, I do!
---

Hognutz

"A man's got to know his limitations". And limits for that matter. Sounds like you hit yours..
There are a$$holes in every sport and they can be found most everywhere in life's travels, on a daily basis.
Good luck to you..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

appalachianstruttstopper

You need to be out in the woods hunting instead of pecking on ur dag'um computer! Just Kiddin Bamagitfiddledude

drum817

Quote from: bamagtrdude on April 01, 2014, 10:53:53 AM

I've that on public and private land!!!  I was on a private tract of land about three years ago and heard a guy coming on a 4 wheeler.  He stopped and I told him he'd have better luck on foot....he disagreed and drove off.  I went into the the woods pretty much behind him and killed a gobbler not ten mins after he left....I'm sure he heard the shot!!!   :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

bamagtrdude

Quote from: drum817 on April 01, 2014, 12:06:51 PM
Quote from: bamagtrdude on April 01, 2014, 10:53:53 AM

I've that on public and private land!!!  I was on a private tract of land about three years ago and heard a guy coming on a 4 wheeler.  He stopped and I told him he'd have better luck on foot....he disagreed and drove off.  I went into the the woods pretty much behind him and killed a gobbler not ten mins after he left....I'm sure he heard the shot!!!   :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Unbelievable - how dumb can you get & STILL BREATHE!!!
---

bamagtrdude

Oh ya, and get this - when I get back to the parking lot w/my friend, the guy is driving a BRIGHT RED Toyota pickup, and his 4-wheeler was in the back.  Guess what color it was??  BRIGHT YELLOW!!!!!!

You'd at least *think* - if he's going to HUNT with it, it would at *least* be a camo color?!?  My friend said he's talked to the guy, & tried to talk some sense into him (telling him to hunt by foot), but obviously that went in one ear & out the other!!
---