only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Thoughts on the haint gobble call?

Started by KANSAS_GOBBLERS, March 19, 2014, 12:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KANSAS_GOBBLERS

I just want a few opinions on the call before I spend the money

yelpertom

Just my opinion but I think its the best si undying gobble call out there !!! U can see my link on the you tube sound files to here it

bowhunter2k9

I like it but my buddies sounds just a bit better. The down n dirty guys were better than I am though
Romans 8:38-39

L.F. Cox

And I think it sounds nothing like a turkey and would never waste my money on one....but what do eYe know ?

yelpertom

Do yourself a favor and look up some of the hunts that the  down and dirty guys used this call!!!and you have to be crazy to think that this call does not sound like a gobbler!!!I'm not saying it's identical but its the best by far!!!and it takes a lot of practice to perfect it so if you're thinking about getting one I would get it soon! the closest call out there to this one would be the Hellfire but that is a totally different way of blowing that call and I don't think it sounds as real!

vtmchunter

It's not easy to use, I'll tell you that for sure.  But, if you practice a lot, you MAY be able to make a serviceable gobble.  I've got friends that bought them and never could get them to work.

We've all heard those turkeys that aren't good at calling either.  I've heard some jakes gobble that sounded like they were farting in a bath tub.  I've heard hens that sound just horrible.  The Haint sounds good enough.

Last year I had gobblers answer my Haint, and I killed one that came in to it.  It's more of a last resort call for me.  Sounds a lot better than the gobble shaker calls too.  Good luck to you!

yelpertom

I agree with patience you can make gobbles that sound good, I've yet to use it in the woods

mikejd

If you can get it to sound like the D&D guys it sounds awesome. If you get it to sound like my version you may think your at a kids birthday party. That ones gonna sit in the call box for a while. My wife actually hid it on me for a few months since she got sick of hearing goose honking in the kitchen.

Spring Fever

It is worth at least playing with and seeing what you can do with it. I know we have all wasted more money else where. What the hell. If it doesn't work out post it on this sight and someone will buy it right?

yelpertom

Thats funny stuff mikejd !!!!if you're getting the party horn cell phone with too fast of slaughter you need to keep the tongue behind your two front teeth and push up to the roof of your mouth with plots of pressure the back pressure on the call will force it to skip over your tongue which makes it flutter slowly which gives you the gobble and but you closing your hands and shaking the call will give you the gobble that you need to make it sound realistic

jwhunter

buy the haint and a squealing hen :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: run them at the same time.... no a fan

BTW

I've been working on this call past few weeks.  Definitely not easy to master,  but worth it IMO.  I'm close to the sound of the down n dirty fellas but a little more work to do.  I keep recording myself on the cell phone at a distance to get a idea of what a bird might hear.  Gotta use your gut more than just blowing straight  air.    :gobble:

goblr77

I can make what I think is a fairly decent gobble with the haint. It's not as consistent as the hale fire but sounds better. I don't know if I'll have the gusto to break it out during a hunt though.

allchokedup

I think its about as close as I'll get to the real deal.  I believe it has a little more volume than a tube call, but some guys that are good on a tube can make some awesome gobble's.  I know that some have a hard time blowing it, but once you learn how , its not hard. I used it opening day last year and got a couple birds to answer right away. I used a mouth call to finish the deal.
It's really a lot of fun to blow and just adds another tool to your vest.
David

kctinner

I just bought one last night havnt had a chance to mess with it really. I love the way they sound hopefully next yr. Ill be sounding like the d&d boys  :funnyturkey: