Started by ericjames, March 09, 2014, 07:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericjames

Just a place for us to post our kills. 

turkey buster

Killed a jake yesterday. I'll get some pics up when I get home from camp

turkey buster

ericjames

Looks like some good ol' fried turkey breast to me.. Good job.

turkey buster

:thanks: and yes I smell grease popping

ericjames

I use to do a little turkey hunting up around coushatta. They had a pretty good population up that way.

turkey buster

I took this one in kisatchie on public land/national forest. I'll be going to my lease tomorrow looking for a longbeard

ericjames

Oh yeah, I know exactly where that is, worked all around that area on drilling rigs. Winnfield, saline all the way back into Ruston. Good luck to ya. I might not even go in the morning here, it's suppose to be 28°

Illini Tom

nice job, eric. congrats  :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:
you southern boys are killin me
i still got 20 days til season opener  :turkey2:

ericjames

Well the bad thing is that as of right now I don't have another I one that's gobbling. I saw 5 Jakes yesterday and 3 this morning. So I will be going to just listen for one to start gobbling.

The one I killed yesterday he gobbled 4 times on the limb and 3 on the ground. He was coming in to me and 7 hens cut him off. I went back yesterday evening and got there about 4:30 eased in and set up. About every 15-20 min I would call lightly at 5:30 I heard him gobble and right after that I got the sudden urge to take a leak.  About  6:10 I couldn't take it anymore I eased up on my knees and proceeded to handle my business. About the time I got finished I heard a one drum. I peaked out around the tree and the hens spotted me and took off. They flew up in a tree about 75 yards and started trying to check and see what moved, I thought I blew it. I already had got the gun back in my hands by then, I just stayed still and was prepared to stay like that until dark. Well with nothing to loose I decided to take my hands and rake in the leaves. Well time I did, it wasn't  10 sec. I heard him drum again and saw him easing toward me. I let him come on in until I had a good shot and them I let the old 835 eat with a 3.5-2-5 turkey thug @ around 20 steps . It wiped him out.

nickhrp

Quote from: Illini Tom on March 25, 2014, 07:16:13 PM
nice job, eric. congrats  :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:
you southern boys are killin me
i still got 20 days til season opener  :turkey2:
Tom it will be 28 more days before I get a chance cause of work even though our season starts this weekend

God Bless the Outdoors

turkey buster

Work and late seasons are overrated lol

TJK68

Dang, 34 more days till our season even comes in!  :'(

ericjames

Just got another one.. To bad I don't think he will upgrade.