turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just Courious?

Started by Gooserbat, March 06, 2014, 06:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

I'm as guilty as the next guy but with all the talk about how far your gun will shoot, and then all the coin we drop on calls to call them in close...how close was your closest kill?

I'll start, 6 steps.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Greenshed Longbeard

I was almost attacked so I had to shoot 12 yards.
Greenshed Longbeard

guesswho

My closet last year was roughly 10-12 feet.  That's about as close as I've ever killed one.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

R AJ

Maybe three steps and instead of I almost missed I'll state that I barely hit.

o2stk1

2nd bird I ever killed about 3or 4 yrds he caught me sleeping and got between me and my decoy before I knew he was there. that was many years ago but have never forgot him also my first double bearded bird just about took his head off

tomstopper

1st gobbler shot at about 10yards. Just about took the head right off.....

VaTuRkStOmPeR

turkey_slayer

6 normal steps. Blew his dang beard off just about. Missed one at 4 steps last year

WildTigerTrout

12 yards. I try to shoot them about 20 to 25 but he got close and just popped up over the ridgetop. I certainly did not need my 3.5" 12 ga. that morning. LOL
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Shellwaster

About 15 yards and almost missed. He came in on the other side of some brush and I had to wait to get a clear shot. I don't like them that close, bigger margin of error on my part. I'd say the majority of the ones I've been lucky enough to take for a ride in my truck have been killed at 20-30 yards.

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Mike Honcho

200 yards....course all I shoot is Longbeard XR's.

Sorry I couldn't resist that!

tomstopper

Quote from: Mike Honcho on March 06, 2014, 07:21:31 PM
200 yards....course all I shoot is Longbeard XR's.

Sorry I couldn't resist that!
:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

bigbird

TrackeySauresRex

10 steps.
I once had an assist that was 6 steps. The bird wouldnt break strut. My buddie figgured he better shoot. Wow! you talk about a feather storm  :TooFunny:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."