only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Just Courious?

Started by Gooserbat, March 06, 2014, 06:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d.winsor

Is this all on Public Land ?

Skeeterbait

I was slippin down a branch one morning about 11am.  The branch ran thru some timber into a pasture.I stopped about 50 yards from the pasture and cut on a diaphragm to see if any birds would answer from the pasture.  Two birds gobbled less than 30 feet in front of me behind some weeds.  I quickly sat down on the bank with no cover.  Five or so seconds later both birds poped thru the weeds on the other side and I picked a head and fired.  Shot was the width of the branch, about 12-15 feet.  Very lucky I didn't miss.

SinGin

About 7 feet for me on a Rio in Kansas

captin_hook

5 yards. It was in the fall. Broken flock, jake was running right at me.

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

slamman

trackerbucky

4 steps. Just about beheaded him.
I love golf.  It keeps a lot of people out of the turkey woods.

BowBendr

About 15 feet. The damage was extreme.

El Pavo Grande

I have killed a couple near the 10 step range and missed one at about 6 steps....talk about frustrating.

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: d.winsor on March 06, 2014, 08:00:24 PM
Is this all on Public Land ?

I know a majority of the closest kills I have had were on public, but I predominately hunt public.  The closest I've ever shot (the one I missed at 6 steps) was on a private field.

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

wbpc

My closest kill is 12 feet, but there was also another gobbler within 6-8 feet of me when I shot the one at 12 feet.

land cruiser

Missed one at 5 steps last year. 

tnturkey