Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Q: Can You Predict Ahead of Time The Best Mornings for Gobbling?

Started by bamagtrdude, February 28, 2014, 04:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamagtrdude

Hmmm...  Saw this question on a Turkey Thugs video/YouTube I just watched...

Don't watch the video - but, answer the question.  :)

*GO*!   :turkey2:
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

guesswho

Nope.  Some people say yes, but I say no.  I can tell you when the conditions favor gobbling, but can't tell you the turkeys will adhere to it.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

alloutdoors

The day(s) right before you arrive at camp, or immediately after you leave. Or, the first day your buddy hunts a spot after you've given up on it and told him to have a go.

Muzzy61

Quote from: alloutdoors on February 28, 2014, 05:06:23 PM
The day(s) right before you arrive at camp, or immediately after you leave. Or, the first day your buddy hunts a spot after you've given up on it and told him to have a go.

:z-winnersmiley:
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

vaturkey

Vaturkey

jakesdad

The day i'm not there...

But NO.Ive seen days that were textbook as far as weather and heard nothing;and days not fit for man nor beast and they wouldnt shut up.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

bamagtrdude

I'll add "fuel to the flame".

One of the guys said, "Maybe -- 2 days after a front passes through, gobbling is good.  The toms have had one full day of low wind & sunlight, and gobble a lot on that 2nd morning/day".

Have you had this experience?
---

R AJ

This is undoubtedly the easiest question ever asked on OG. It is every day that I can't go that morning.
It also occurs on the other property I hunt on the days I can go.  That's OKas long as they burn it up for somebody to hear.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: bamagtrdude on February 28, 2014, 05:43:06 PM
I'll add "fuel to the flame".

One of the guys said, "Maybe -- 2 days after a front passes through, gobbling is good.  The toms have had one full day of low wind & sunlight, and gobble a lot on that 2nd morning/day".

Have you had this experience?

Only time I can predict it is late season after its been hot, a cold front blows, and the next calm frosty morning they will hammer. Never fails to happen around first or second week of May here every year and I've yet to see em not blow the tree tops out.

Hooter

Quote from: guesswho on February 28, 2014, 04:41:00 PM
Nope.  Some people say yes, but I say no.  I can tell you when the conditions favor gobbling, but can't tell you the turkeys will adhere to it.
Exactly!!!

BowBendr

No. Sometimes, the mornings you would think should be the best, turn out to be duds. Well, at least for me anyway.

bamagtrdude

Quote from: RAJ on February 28, 2014, 06:22:48 PM
This is undoubtedly the easiest question ever asked on OG...

I tried to give you an easy lay-up, man!!  ;)  hehehe
---

Gobble!

On average, there are days you can say are not as good as others but you really never know unless your out there.

ferocious calls

No fool proof methods I have found. High barometer days seem better than low. After a bad thunderstorm near daylight has been very good at times. Hunting pressure can play a part.
If evening gobbling is very good, morning is often good. Have had evenings hearing zero gobbles to return in AM and they went nuts though. I sure can tell you what mornings were good.lol
Before season most mornings seem good if weather is not bad. Sometimes a turkey hunter just knows or would like to think he does anyway.