OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Checked my Cameras in VA Today.....I'm ready for SPRING!!

Started by VA_Birdhunter, February 18, 2014, 11:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Looks like you're not the only one who is ready for spring!! Those gobblers are strutting in the snow!! Love it!! :icon_thumright:

CT Spur Collector

Nice...that's cool seeing them fan in the snow like that.  Great photos.

VA_Birdhunter

Here's a few more out of the pile of pics I have that I though was interesting.

This gobbler has some beard rot going on.

And a bearded hen.  I've seen several in there in the past several years.

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

beagler

Never Misses

El Pavo Grande

Awesome pictures!!!  The one you mentioned has beard rot is long spurred, at least on that one leg you can see clearly.

slamman

nice pics I have the perfect plan to help you get rid of some of those nasty creatures.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: VA_Birdhunter on February 19, 2014, 01:21:15 PM
Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on February 19, 2014, 08:19:44 AM
You must have all the turkeys left in the state of Virginia eating on the pile of "scratch."

VaTuRkStOmPeR don't know about all of them but hopefully a good portion of them!  :icon_thumright:  They love this property....which most of it is covered with beech trees and they love staying in them.

Awesome, brother! Hope y'all stack em up in there this spring.

Best of luck!

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: El Pavo Grande on February 19, 2014, 05:24:09 PM
Awesome pictures!!!  The one you mentioned has beard rot is long spurred, at least on that one leg you can see clearly.

He does!  The one on the left right in front of him has some nice spurs to you just cant see them well in the pic on the board.   I love those long spurs!!

God Bless

archery1

Take a kid hunting

vagrousehunter

it's just the opposite in my corner of the Commonwealth.  No sign, none on trail cams.  They must have found a food source elsewhere with the absence of acorns in my area.

KYFrid

Awsome pics Derek!  April 18th & 19th Can't come soon enough... Had a blast meeting and hunting with you last spring!
                                                                                                                  Rob

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: WVFrid on February 21, 2014, 09:25:09 AM
Awsome pics Derek!  April 18th & 19th Can't come soon enough... Had a blast meeting and hunting with you last spring!
                                                                                                                  Rob

Hey Buddy!!!!  It was a great time....weather did not play in our favor but praying for some good weather this year!!!!   Lord willing it will all come together!!  You making the trip down this year?

God Bless

turkey_slayer

What part of va? No strutting out anything here in the western part. I normally hear my first gobbles between Feb 26 and March 4th

KYFrid

Quote from: VA_Birdhunter on February 21, 2014, 01:30:59 PM
Quote from: WVFrid on February 21, 2014, 09:25:09 AM
                                                                                                                  Rob

Hey Buddy!!!!  It was a great time....weather did not play in our favor but praying for some good weather this year!!!!   Lord willing it will all come together!!  You making the trip down this year?

God Bless

Yes sir! Counting down the days...