OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Checked my Cameras in VA Today.....I'm ready for SPRING!!

Started by VA_Birdhunter, February 18, 2014, 11:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA_Birdhunter

Got to make the 2 1/2 hr trip down to VA for a couple of days with the family to visit with my parents and of course go to the property I hunt and check the camera.  I'm happy with what I've seen!  This is a special place for me and my family.  I took my first turkey on this property many years ago and this is the place my dad has hunted for 30 + yrs.  This is also the place my dad took me for my first turkey hunt.  Lord willing I will be taking my 5 yr old son on his first hunt here this spring!   Its about 98% hard woods...which I love and has always held a bunch of birds!  Lord I am so ready for spring...I got the fever bad!!

God Bless

Here's a few of the pictures.

This one has a rope!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

WildSpur

Looks like you will be having a fun spring!   Nice pics.  Good luck!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

BowBendr

Check out big boy in 2nd pic struttin for the ladies on Valentines Day!! Cool pics.  :icon_thumright:

Mike Honcho

Great pics....can see why you are ready for spring!  Hope your boy gets a nice one!

ctwny1

Yea...your ready. Looks like you'll be having a lot of fun this Spring!

tomstopper

Very Nice. I love to hunt the birds in the hardwoods vs. a field. When they start gobbling in the hardwoods, the sound is way more intense. Good luck to you & your little man this spring......

mossyoakpro

Phillippians 4:13

VaTuRkStOmPeR

You must have all the turkeys left in the state of Virginia eating on the pile of "scratch."

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

ALfwlmth

Awesome pics!!  The last pic says it all, like kids on the playground with their hands up, "Pick me, pick me!"  Settle down boys, you'll all get your chance to play.

redarrow

With all them beards it looks like ZZ Top meets the Duck Commanders . :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

kiltman

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: tomstopper on February 19, 2014, 06:26:49 AM
Very Nice. I love to hunt the birds in the hardwoods vs. a field. When they start gobbling in the hardwoods, the sound is way more intense. Good luck to you & your little man this spring......

tomstopper I agree!!!  I would take a hunt in the hardwoods over a field hunt any day!  I love it!

God Bless

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on February 19, 2014, 08:19:44 AM
You must have all the turkeys left in the state of Virginia eating on the pile of "scratch."

VaTuRkStOmPeR don't know about all of them but hopefully a good portion of them!  :icon_thumright:  They love this property....which most of it is covered with beech trees and they love staying in them.