turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

good push button call

Started by jwm1485, February 10, 2014, 01:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwm1485

Im looking for a push button call that I can use with one hand for when i get a gobbler in close. Anyone know of a good one?

pappy

check out Shannon's here on the site
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Sadler McGraw

James "Winky" Hicks from GroveHill, Alabama makes the best push button hands down not even close.  He is the DD Adams of good sounding pushbutton calls.

The man can keekee with one!!!

Sadler
Sadler McGraw Custom Calls
World and Grand National Calling Champion

paboxcall

Shannon does build a killer push pin for sure.

If you are looking for a really good production push pin call, I have one of these in my pack.  Great sounding call.

http://perfectionturkeycalls.com/shop/our-products/friction-calls/scatter-box-call/prod_79.html

Good luck!
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

USMC0331

superx2

jwm1485

I think im looking for a cheaper one like paboxcall was talking about. I just want it until i can master the diaphram.
thanks for the replies.

Old Gobbler

I could write a book on push pins , construction and methods of use - I've used them all , but never a winkey hicks , but I hear he makes a good sounding call and is very , very nice man I would consider his a handmade custom call and very desirable to own and or collect - winkey makes his pushpins with a special soundboard , and avoids the commonly used 3 ply that the big manufactures use - another reason to go out and get one of his calls

I have different layup for my soundboards , it's a 2 ply , one wood is a ebony , the other is undisclosed .... I lay mine up by hand and it was very time consuming to learn the winning process and technique to clamping it under 5,000 pounds of pressure until it's cured - the soundboard is the bottom part of the call where the screw goes through

There are only a handful of people making pushpins , unfortunately the design hasn't garnered any serious widespread acclaim like other calls , due in part to the very people who mass produce them , as a " beginners call"  ......beginning to call in a lot of gobblers ....is what it should be called

Shannon-j-Kelly
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon