OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fastfire warranty? (updated with good news)

Started by CntrlPA, January 25, 2014, 11:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CntrlPA

The Burris website states "Every single Burris optic is covered by the Unconditional Forever Warranty." but I've also read on here about people sending back fastfires that were out of warranty. Does anyone know what the actual warranty is on the fastfire series? Thanks

ericjames

I was curious about this also.

USMC0331

The next generation of FastFire Red-Dot is here with the introduction of the FastFire III. The popular FastFire II is even better with upgraded features that include a top mounted battery ((1) CR1632) for easier battery replacement, upgraded windage and elevation adjustments and a power button that provides three manual brightness settings and an automatic brightness setting with low battery indicator. The precision 3 MOA FastFire III allows for manual brightness adjustment and includes a protective cover and battery. Just like the rugged FastFire II, the FastFire III features a Steel body construction for extreme durability and is 100% waterproof. The ultimate CQB sight is perfect for mounting on your pistol, shotgun or rifle, and includes a picatinny-style mount. Covered by the Burris 1-year factory warranty.

Technical Information
Style: Reflex
Magnification: 1x
Sight Window: 21mm x 15mm
Adjustment Range @ 100 yards: 190"
Reticle: 3 MOA Dot
Reticle color: Red
Housing material: Steel
Recoil resistance: 1000 G's
Battery Type: (1) CR1632 3V
Length: 1.8"
Weight: 0.9 oz.
Warranty: 1-year factory warranty. This was in the 2013 midway catalog, however on Burris website as stated above said unconditional forever warranty.I would call Burris to make sure.

ericjames

Last year a friend of mine ordered a fast fire 3 before turkey season began. It said it had a 1 year warranty on it. Well I ordered me one the other day and the warranty  said ,

Unconditional Forever WarrantyEvery single Burris optic is covered by the Unconditional Forever Warranty."Lifetime" warranties are a dime a dozen in the optics world these days. The Burris Forever Warranty™ means just that – Forever – for anything, other than loss, theft or deliberate damage.We will repair or replace your Burris optic if damaged or defective:• No charge to you.• No questions asked.• No matter whose fault it is.• No warranty card needed.• No receipt required.• Automatically transferred to future owners.

I guess that pretty much says it, right there. I guess I missed the part where it said every single Burris optic..

CntrlPA

I'll give them a call tomorrow if I don't hear a definitive answer before hand. If its only a one year I'll be going with a traditional scope, if its a lifetime warranty its a no brainer

the Ward

Let us know what you find out.I've been wanting one for a couple years now and this may be the season.I do know that Burris customer service is very good,as witnessed on here.I was hoping they would make a green dot version so I was holding off.If they have a lifetime warrenty, my mind is made up.

worth612000

The lazer or red dot has a 1 year warranty on it, I just bought one. The rest of it is covered under lifetime warranty.

CntrlPA

I called on Monday and never got a hold of anyone, so I emailed them. Haven't heard anything back yet.

CntrlPA

I was on hold today for about 10 minutes before I hung up. No reply to the email yet. The description of the fastfire III states...

"All FastFire sights are waterproof and shockproof and covered by the Forever Warranty."

I would just like to verify since there seems to be so much conflicting info out there on the warranty

ericjames

I kinda figured they would have better service than that. This is 3 days for you without a response. My fastfire3 is suppose to be here  tomorrow, not sure with this ice and all I am not looking for it. When I bought the weaver micro dot I sent an email and they had responded within 15 min. I sent them another one around 3 in the evening and they responded to that one the next morning . I wanted a fastfire because mart was on here and he always did a fantastic job helping everyone the best way he could and they are a name you can trust.

CntrlPA

I finally got a hold of them today via phone call. I complained about not getting a reply to my two emails and within 20 minutes they sent me a reply!

All fastfires, old and new are all covered by the forever warranty! It's great that they grandfathered the older sights. I'm definitely going to get one now.

ericjames

Quote from: CntrlPA on January 31, 2014, 01:18:49 PM
I finally got a hold of them today via phone call. I complained about not getting a reply to my two emails and within 20 minutes they sent me a reply!

All fastfires, old and new are all covered by the forever warranty! It's great that they grandfathered the older sights. I'm definitely going to get one now.

That's  great for a company to stand behind their product like that. I revived mine today.

CntrlPA

Quote from: Katmandew on January 31, 2014, 01:55:44 PM
Even though it says 1 year in the ads?
http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/622328/burris-fastfire-iii-reflex-red-dot-sight-3-moa-dot-with-picatinny-mount-matte?cm_vc=ProductFinding

I was told that starting January 1, 2014 all fastfire sights are covered by their forever warranty. I guess it will take some time for the vendors to catch on.

worth612000

I stated what was on my warranty card when I open my new FastFire III. One year warranty on the laser. Battery not covered. What else can I say. Burris is a member on here, makes me wonder why he hasn't put anything on here that will stand as good as the printed warranty card?