turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Star dot?

Started by cjordan, January 22, 2014, 07:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grobec1

My Colonial Arms choke that is supposed to be just like the Stardot has 12 ports?

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Grobec1 on January 29, 2014, 08:19:41 AM
My Colonial Arms choke that is supposed to be just like the Stardot has 12 ports?

Is that the one that Colonial Arms is producing now?  If so, that may very well be.  But I'm saying all the older original Colonal Arms Star Dot chokes made for Highlander Sports had exactly 10 ports and a knurled end.

I have seen the sheltonsclothing guy on ebay have a knurled original Colonial Arms Star Dot choke in a Star Dot package that had PTC Technologies.  Somebody, somehow, someway, switched that choke to that package with the newly labeled cardboard insert during the time all this took place is what I am in fact saying.   

Rockhound

Lol I got shill bidded on some chokes on eBay last year... BY A SPONSOR OF THIS SITE.

Bidded on two chokes, got outbidded at the last few minutes and the chokes reappeared under the same site sponsored seller name. Won the choke bids that time and 2 weeks later I hadn't received my chokes so I called them. They said they found some minor dings in the chokes (BS) and they wouldn't ship them.

I said are you going topay me my D*** money back?? They said we will work on it. I finally got my $ back 2 more weeks later after a threatening email.

Hooks' n' Beards'

What is so great about the Stardot choke?I am waiting for one to arrive in mail,i picked it up off of here.i am more then happy with my GT.But wanted another choke to try.

surehuntsalot

Quote from: Hooks' n' Beards' on January 29, 2014, 09:17:30 PM
What is so great about the Stardot choke?I am waiting for one to arrive in mail,i picked it up off of here.i am more then happy with my GT.But wanted another choke to try.
[

they are suppose to be the "holy grail" of choke tubes for the Mossberg 835
I have one of the "walmart" ones,and it is a great choke,I have not found anything that it won't shoot.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Hooks' n' Beards'

Quote from: surehuntsalot on January 29, 2014, 09:49:13 PM
Quote from: Hooks' n' Beards' on January 29, 2014, 09:17:30 PM
[

they are suppose to be the "holy grail" of choke tubes for the Mossberg 835
I have one of the "walmart" ones,and it is a great choke,I have not found anything that it won't shoot.
Gotcha..the Derek Jeter of the Turkey choke world... ;D

ILIKEHEVI-13

Here's some info on the Preston Pittman Star Dot chokes.  They don't have PTC Technologies on the back. 

Now we know. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

But my guess would be that PTC Technologies still made the Pittman chokes from what I can tell.  I think all the Pittman Star Dot chokes had writing on the side of the tube.  You may get some from the guy on ebay that has Pittman tubes in the other Star Dot packaging that say PTC Technologies on the back.  But I'm pretty sure that the guy from Highlander Sports at the time just used what pakaging he had when all these fakes were being made and just put chokes in them as he seen fit. 

Quax

I just saw this thread after purchasing from this guy:

My pitman choke has 12 ports and is squared off at the end.

This ptc choke has 14 ports and rounded off

Both chokes are for invector systems

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Quax on February 07, 2014, 01:26:56 PM
I just saw this thread after purchasing from this guy:

My pitman choke has 12 ports and is squared off at the end.

This ptc choke has 14 ports and rounded off

Both chokes are for invector systems

Show me a picture. 

And it could be that somebody else made the Pittman chokes. 

Quax

ILIKEHEVI-13

That's just a grooved end choke just like the ones PTC Technologies made. 

The Star Chokes made by Colonial Arms had 10 ports and knurled at the top.  The fake ones that were made by PTC Technologies had 12 ports and were grooved at the top. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

I would say the Pitmman choke was the one that had 14 ports if that is what you counted and it was in the wrong packge. 

Quax

The one I got yesterday off eBay that had a grooved end and was in a ptc package has 14 ports.

The last picture is the one I already had; it has 12 ports. Think it came in pitman packaging.