turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Star dot?

Started by cjordan, January 22, 2014, 07:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Here's the email that I just sent to sheltonsclothing on ebay.  We will see what he has to say.  I think something is fishy here to why he seems to have an endless supply and he may in fact know more than he is letting on.  But that is just a hunch.  But you got to ask yourself where is he getting all of these Star Dot chokes that were the stolen design of Colonial Arms.  He may of in fact worked for Highlander Sports or PTC Technologies at one point might explain the rest of the story.  I bet I never get a response.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Where are you getting all of these stolen design Star Dot chokes from?  Don't know if you know or not but Colonial Arms was the company that Highlander Sports had make the original Star Dot chokes for them to market.  Highlander Sports wasn't paying Colonial Arms the money that they owed them so Colonial Arms halted doing chokes for them.  Highlander Sports or somebody from them either took it upon themself to have PTC Technologies, Inc out of Hunstville AL copy Colonial Arms Star Dot design, or they in fact later went to work for PTC Technologies maybe after Highlander Sports went bankrupt for all I know.  But I do know for a fact that the original Star Dot chokes made by Colonial Arms didn't have the words Preston Pittman on the front of the package or PTC Technologies on the back of the package.

I can show you pictures of the original packaging from the original Star Dot chokes if you like and the ones that had PTC Technologies that were in fact fakes. 

Brad

ILIKEHEVI-13

Another thing that is fishy is why is sheltonsclothing covering up the words extra full on the original packaging? And also notice the words Mossberg 835 is left in blue and no sticker is over it like on my original Star Dot 835 choke I have that was made by Colonial Arms.  Mine has a sticker written in black letters that says Mossberg 835.  Mine also doesn't have PTC Technologies on the back.  It's funny why he or somebody has put over the words Extra Full with the words like Improved Cylinder.  Star Dot chokes were only made as extra full turkey chokes period.  This guy I bet money was in on the scheme of the copying or knows more than what we know. 

I think I should of been a private investigator. 

But I couldn't have figured a lot of this out without the help of Mike on here. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Remember all the original Star Dot chokes that were in fact made by Colonial Arms were knurled at the top with no straight grooves like the ones that were copied by PTC Technologies. 

I'll show you a photo of my original Star Dot choke made by Colonial Arms just so you guys can see it here for yourself and compare it to the other fake Star Dot chokes like the one just sold on ebay. 

Original Star Dot choke made by Colonial Arms

ILIKEHEVI-13

Copied Star Dot choke below.  Now I need someone to do me a favor.  I have the picture of the back of this package in the ebay link below saved to my computer.  I need someone else to save the picture of the front of this package below in this this ebbay link so we will have it for future reference here please.  I can oly save that picture as either front of back on my computer.  So I chose the back so I could show the words PTC Technologies.  Also notice that choke has the straight grooves at the top.  A bigger saved photo showing this straight grooves here would be nice. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/star-dot-choke-/111263065567?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e7cba5df&nma=true&si=8ItBSwl8ScU63fSWFd54xsuupBQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_63wt_892

ILIKEHEVI-13

I think I figured it out.  I changed the name of the stored file. 

Copied Star Dot choke

ILIKEHEVI-13

I just got done talking to Phillipe.  he called the guy.  I'll let him share with you what he found out.

Great job and info my friend. 

TrackeySauresRex

Does anyone know if they all the same as far as internals?  Whats shoots better now? The original? The PTC? Or the colonial arms elite? I would love to have one for my ol mossy. 
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on January 23, 2014, 11:42:36 AM
   Does anyone know if they all the same as far as internals?  Whats shoots better now? The original? The PTC? Or the colonial arms elite? I would love to have one for my ol mossy.

They both shoot about identical. 

Read what I wrote in the link above in the turkey choke column. 

Philippe

Well I spoke with the gentleman from ebay that is selling these chokes. Apparently he has over 3700 of these Star Dot clones that he bought when the manufacturer closed.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Philippe on January 23, 2014, 12:07:51 PM
Well I spoke with the gentleman from ebay that is selling these chokes. Apparently he has over 3700 of these Star Dot clones that he bought when the manufacturer closed.

And now we know the rest of the story. 

Good Day!   :z-winnersmiley:

TrackeySauresRex

^ I Saw this on an old thread 2010 Preston's Choke 
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=481185

ILIKEHEVI-13

TrackeySauresRex

It was a Pitmann choke in a a package with straight knurlling. The package was somwhat differen tho.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on January 23, 2014, 01:10:46 PM
It was a Pitmann choke in a a package with straight knurlling. The package was somwhat differen tho.

I wonder if PTC Technologies made them as well?

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Philippe on January 23, 2014, 12:07:51 PM

Well I have to wonder how he just up and acquired all of these chokes at once?  I'm still thinking somoeone still knows more than they are letting on.  My hunch is that this guy may of in fact worked for Highlander Sports or PTC Technologies.  He still has yet to respond to my email.  The ole line I know nothing about these chokes sounds to good to be true when you have 3700 of them. 

3700 chokes at even $5 a piece is still $18,500 and he might of even paid more who knows.  But what I do know is that still is a lot of money to buy in choke tubes for somebody to say they know nothing about these chokes.  He sure knows what the 835 chokes are bringing.