turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Major Surgery.... Again

Started by ctwny1, September 07, 2013, 07:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctwny1

I've been having some eye problems since June of this year. Had to be rushed into eye doctors office numerous times because of severe pain I was having. But this story is just to long to explain and type out. So I'll try to explain the bottom line here. My cornea is breaking down because of all the damage and surgeries (15 but who's counting?) I've had when I was a kid. I got hit in the eye with an arrow when I was 7 years old. I have to have a major cornea transplant and as my cornea doctor explained to Carolyn and I yesterday "This is more than a major transplant surgery. This will be a very difficult procedure". He went on to explain all the setbacks I could be facing and the... real possibility of loosing my eye altogether that I haven't been able to see out of since the accident a long time ago. I just can't put into words or even explain to anybody the nightmare I'm facing and reliving again. This is not an easy situation for me. But I know there are people that are worse off than me. I just can't explain the mental scares within or wounds that never healed in me.

I can't explain what my Mom and Dad went through with me either but I know one thing for sure. If my Mom and Dad were alive right now today they would both want me to have this done. I can hear their voices within me telling me "Get it done Chuckie get it done".

But I'm not looking for any type of sympathy. I do really need support. I have faced the wall if yea want to call it that, numerous times in my life with this eye and I mean the wall that looked like I would never be able to climb or over come these battles, but thank God with his help and many prayers from my family and friends I did and have over come many huge mountains. As my eye and cornea doctor keeps telling me and Carolyn "His damage in this left eye is way above any type of damage to a human eye". So I'm waiting for a donor and my name is at the top of the list. I don't think I will be able to deer hunt this fall but I was told I stand a good chance of being able to hunt spring turkey. Doctor said after surgery "No lifting or bending". I told him I have a "NEW" grandson coming in November and could I hold him? He said "Sure". That is very important to me to hold him.

So when will the surgery be? Don't know yet but I'm waiting for a phone call that I'm sure will come soon. Am I afraid of this? Well yes and no. How long will it take to heal? 1 to 2 years. Will I have limits within that 2 year healing period? Yes. I'm facing that wall again and I've got to climb that SOB and I 'm asking for your support, prayers and encouragement.

stone road turkey calls

I wish you the best of luck with your sugery, and take care of that grandbaby.

Gary
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

allaboutshooting

Prayers have been said for you and you will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. I understand both the anxiety and anticipation that you must feel for this surgery. It is my hope that you're able to have it soon and then be on your way to a full and complete recovery.

Please know that there are those who will support you with prayer and with positive thoughts for you and your family. I hope you'll keep us informed and just as you have share your thoughts with us. I know from experience that it helps.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

redarrow

God be with you my Brother. You and yours have been lifted up in prayer.

Tail Feathers

Prayers up for you buddy. 
If God gets you to it, he can get you thru it.
:bible:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Hognutz

I pray that all goes well for you. I also pray the Lord guides the surgeon's hands during this delicate operation. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers throughout your operation and rehab..
Godspeed , my friend..   :cross2:

Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

o2stk1

renegade19

ctwny1

Thanks everybody for your prayers and encouragement. I truly do apprecate it and again "Thank You".
Still waiting for the phone call from my doctor. He said it might be as long as 1-6 weeks. It all depends on the doner to who I will be forever greatful too.

chatterbox

Thoughts and prayers have been sent from NH.
You are a very, very strong person. I can't even imagine going through what you are having to deal with.
I do know this. God will be with you each and every step of the way. When I think of circumstances like this, I am reminded of the beautiful words to" footprints in the sand."
'' My precious, precious, child. I love you and would never leave you. For when you only saw one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."
God be with you. :bible:

Mike

grayfox

Prayers sent for you ctwny1.  Pray everything goes well & you have a fast recovery.

tomstopper

Spur806

RutnNStrutn

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, for as long as you need them!! :bible: :bible: Hopefully you'll get the call soon, get through the surgery OK, and start healing up and getting ready for spring. Keep us posted!

beagler

Prayers sent. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Never Misses