News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

An 870 transformation....Finished DIY Camo Dip

Started by gophert, August 31, 2013, 10:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncturkey

Tommythreetoes

That looks REALLY good!  :drool:  I have an 870 in the corner getting no use and no love.  Thanks for giving me another project to research and spend money on.    :help:

SumToy

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Tommythreetoes

What length barrel is that?  What kind of pattern numbers are you seeing? 

gophert

Quote from: Tommythreetoes on November 17, 2013, 09:24:11 AM
What length barrel is that?  What kind of pattern numbers are you seeing?

Sorry it too so long for me to get back to you.  The barrel is 21".  I handload TSS.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Cajun1

Quote from: gophert on August 31, 2013, 10:11:18 PM
Well I finally had time to work on my 870 20 ga and finish it up.  It's not put all back together, but I though I would share the journey. 

It somewhat started here (without the FF2)

Then I added an ATI Stock

Then I found a Knoxx stock and ditched the ATI

and finally got to camo dip it myself.  It was a job, but I couldn't ask for it to look any more professional

I've got to add the clear coat and then reassemble and it will be ready to roll.

Enjoy,
Tim

Sorry for ressurecting an old thread but I was wondering how you dipped the knoxx stock?  Did you have to take the recoil reducing pieces apart or did you dip it just as it is there?  I have an ATI stock that I was thinking of dipping to match the 835 I picked up today. 

Thanks,
Cajun1

gophert

Quote from: Cajun1 on January 16, 2014, 03:55:24 PM

Sorry for ressurecting an old thread but I was wondering how you dipped the knoxx stock?  Did you have to take the recoil reducing pieces apart or did you dip it just as it is there?  I have an ATI stock that I was thinking of dipping to match the 835 I picked up today. 

Thanks,
Cajun1

The last picture with the gun disassembled is how I dipped it.  You have to roll it into the ink to make it wrap the pattern around the stock without a seam. 

WV Ridge Reaper

May have missed it,but how do you like the ati stock? Seem like it fits good ?  No crack or gaps ?

Sent from West By God Virginia.

gophert

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on January 16, 2014, 04:34:38 PM
May have missed it,but how do you like the ati stock? Seem like it fits good ?  No crack or gaps ?

Sent from West By God Virginia.

I did like the ATI stock, but just like the Knoxx a little better.  The ATI was much lighter.  The only problem was that the ATI, or at least the one I had, was at an odd angle when you shouldered the gun.  I had a red dot on the gun as you can see which made it ok, but it was difficult to get down on the gun to look down the rib on the barrel with the ATI angle.