Previous topic - Next topic

gophert

ericjames

surehuntsalot

dip job turned out great
one fine looking turkey gun
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

grayfox

That looks really sharp!  You did a good job & you got a cool looking dog too.

the Ward

Great job guys!They look fantastic!Thanks for sharing the info and pics!....ward                 :you_rock:

seadux

gophert,

What was the camo pattern you used on your 20?  I am getting ready to dip 2 remmy 20s and am window shopping camo patterns.  Could you tell me the pattern, base coat color and where you got the camo film?  Thanks much! - Seadux   :icon_thumright:

Gold Spur

That's a wicked looking 20 ga. Good looking dog too.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

gophert

Quote from: seadux on October 10, 2013, 11:10:14 AM
gophert,

What was the camo pattern you used on your 20?  I am getting ready to dip 2 remmy 20s and am window shopping camo patterns.  Could you tell me the pattern, base coat color and where you got the camo film?  Thanks much! - Seadux   :icon_thumright:

Sorry it took me so long to get back. 

OK, the pattern is Trek Camo found here:
https://www.mydipkit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=167&zenid=cb388f1d7fe3918ddf9d880384b0dc44

Once I cleaned (plastic stocks with dawn dishwashing and water and metal with degreaser) I Primed with: SEM Etching Primer (http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/sem-self-etching-primer-aerosol-p-15345.aspx)

These coats are time sensitive so this is important. 

1 hour after priming I painted with Krylon Camo Fusion Tan: (do not wait over 40 minutes to dip)

30 minutes after paint, I dipped.  I tested on a couple of blank compact discs to practice. 

owlhoot

GuideGun

What size kit did you use to do it?  Would the 1 Meter kit be enough, or should you get the 2.5 meter kit?
Matt

FullChoke

Tim,

It looks like you did an excellent job with a notoriously sensitive process. Great work!

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

tomstopper

Gobble!

gophert

Quote from: GuideGun on October 26, 2013, 08:58:54 PM
What size kit did you use to do it?  Would the 1 Meter kit be enough, or should you get the 2.5 meter kit?

I would get the $99 kit just to make sure you have enough.  Its not the film you will run out of, its all the spray can stuff.  There was just enough primer, paint, applicator and clear coat to do one gun.  Plenty of film however.

sent from my wife's typewriter

seadux

Thanks for the reply, I am in the process of ordering supplies for my dip now.  I have read several people discuss running out of activator etc. with the kits so I plan to order supplies and film separately.  I have access to spray guns etc. and I am planning to dip 2 20 ga. turkey guns, a waterfowl gun and a muzzle loader, so having enough activator, primer and base coat will be critical.  Surprisingly the camo film is the cheap part!  I am going with MW spring mimicry on the turkey guns. :thanks: