OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

George Zimmerman Is A Free Man !!

Started by vaturkey, July 13, 2013, 11:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagler

I feel justice was served as far as the verdict.
Never Misses

vaturkey

Our 2nd Amendment rights have spoken !! Right after the verdict George Zimmerman was given his 9MM back to him !!   :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

swamp_bird89

I live about 15 minutes from the Court house where the trial took place......luckily I do not have to drive by it all. Everything was pretty calm and collected around town, just a noticeable increase in cop traffic. Regarding the verdict and trial.....I could care less, the decision for him to be not guilty was based on evidence. Too many people forget that.

longspur

Quote from: vaturkey on July 15, 2013, 08:03:59 PM

Our 2nd Amendment rights have spoken !! Right after the verdict George Zimmerman was given his 9MM back to him !!   :icon_thumright:
Thats good news. I figured they would keep that one, at least for a while.

bigbird

Quote from: longspur on July 14, 2013, 07:18:04 AM
The death of Trayvon was a tragedy. The charges were political, the prosecution was a joke, and Obama lost.
x2

Hognutz

Quote from: turkey_slayer on July 15, 2013, 06:47:29 PM
I think ABM had more influence than you think. Of course Jackson, sharpton, black panthers and others had to add their fuel to the fire also. What I don't understand is why didn't he say anything about the 50 blacks that were shot down just in Chicago that week? Why couldn't they look like his son? TM was no more important than any of those except except he died by the hands of a white/hispanic. Didn't see any white crackers wanting to kill blacks if OJ was aquitted or threaten to riot. Racism only exists cause of certain races not letting it go and of course the media agging it on
I agree, totally. There are hundreds, and I mean hundreds, of black on black murders every week, in this country. Where are Jackson, Sharpton and the rest then. Seems the only people concerned about this is the immediate families of the dead. They shoot each other, every night, on the north side of Milwaukee. It has become so common place that the news treats them (the shootings) like just another ho-hum night. Nobody really cares until a white guy shoots a smoked up black teenager who is smashing his head on the concrete.
I don't care if the kid was black, white, yellow or red, I'd have done the same thing. No racism here..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

RutnNStrutn

There is way more to this than most people know.
Sanford PD refused to arrest him, and Norm Wolfinger, the local state's attorney, refused to charge him, because there was no evidence that GZ committed a crime.
Then black politicians and the NAACP, along with anti-gun politicians pressured local politicians, who fired the police chief, and replaced him with a black man who was the chief of Chicago's police. Oh, now there's a great selection, the chief of police of the city with the most gun violence in America. ::)
So FLA's Gov. Scott goes to Jacksonville, gets that district's state's attorney, Angela Corey, to bring her special prosecutors down to Sanford to charge and arrest GZ. Since that time, Corey was reelected, running against no opposition. Word in the political arenas is that if Gov. Scott is reelected, Corey will become the FLA State Attorney General.
GZ spends over a year in jail. The trial starts with a judge who obviously favored the prosecution, siding with them on nearly every motion and every objection. Nearly all evidence about TM was suppressed, while nearly all evidence about GZ was allowed. The trial was a kangaroo court, but in the end, the prosecution's dramatics could not make up for the fact that it was self-defense and that GZ had committed no crime.
Meanwhile, the world is focused on the GZ trial, verdict and fall out, and no one is paying attention to Obama and all of his scandalous behavior. So yes, indeed, Obama most certainly does win again! He didn't go on TV and say if he had a son, he would look like Trayvon, and then go on again after the verdict and say to honor Trayvon for no reason. Obama knew both statements would fire people up on this issue, and the attention to all of his other BS would disappear for a while.
And that is why the media 3 ring circus continues, and Eric Holder is demanding that GZ be brought up on civil rights violations for murdering TM, which GZ was just found not guilty of. Its a circus folks, don't be spectators. Here are some links exposing info that the main stream media never reported, and that was not allowed as evidence in the trial.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/07/14/a--of-george-zimmermans-awakened-understand-the-fraud-post-verdict-of-acquittal/

http://theblacksphere.net/2013/07/the-zimmerman-case-thoughts-and-analysis/

http://spectator.org/blog/2013/07/15/trayvon-crime-school-miami

longspur

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on July 16, 2013, 12:02:12 PM
This is why we're going to hell in a handbasket. My statemant that obama lost was just about the trial. His intention was to stir up racial hatred and he won big time. He is the president of the United Stated and he don't say things like that for no reason. For weeks on in everything is about Trayvon. forget about the IRS and Benghazi and EPA and all these other scandals. And we sure don't want to think about what harry is trying to do to the senate rules. The FBI already investigated and found no grounds, now eric is gona investigate agan and obama could put a stop to it. Think this will come up agan in the next gun control rush? There was never a murder case, not even a hint of one. But you see what these clowns did to our nation. I hope GZ owns NBC when its over.
  Where are we going? No election will ever change things. Washington will never fix Washington. They made it. Seriously... Where are we going?

RutnNStrutn

I cringe when I think of the direction this country is headed. And I darn sure never thought I'd see it in my lifetime. We have to elect new leaders with thoughts as radical as the liberals have, but on the opposite end of the spectrum. And about the only ones I see who fit this bill so far are Rand Paul and Ted Cruz.
Frankly, I'd like to get rid of all of the political "parties". No more Demorat, Republican, Libertarian, nothing. Let everyone run as an independent. That would be a first step. I don't see that happening though. I'm seriously concerned about the future of our country, especially if the radical Demorats win the next 2 elections.

GobbleNut

I'm not sure why these types of discussions always seem to regress into a political debate, but it is what it is, I suppose.  All I will say is that if this same incident had occurred here in the region I live, I would have fully expected the process that occurred to have taken place.  It would not have mattered one iota if the individuals involved were white, black, or green,...and it would not have mattered what their political persuasion was.

A kid was killed under suspicious circumstances and our society as a whole deserved to have it investigated to make sure that every effort is made to insure that more of the same does not occur again.  The end result of this tragedy is that one person is dead,...and the other has had his life irreparably changed.  Both outcomes were the result of terribly bad judgement.  There will be other incidents like this in the future, and perhaps those involved will look at what happened here and realize that maybe the best course of action is to avoid a similar confrontation rather than risk being on either side of the outcome.

This may be best looked upon as a test case for our society.  A sad and tragic incident took place.  Hopefully, a lesson has been learned for all of us to use for guidance in our future actions.  To simply look at it from the standpoint of race and politics is really difficult for me to fathom.

slamman

Quote from: GobbleNut on July 17, 2013, 10:19:25 AM
I'm not sure why these types of discussions always seem to regress into a political debate, but it is what it is, I suppose.  All I will say is that if this same incident had occurred here in the region I live, I would have fully expected the process that occurred to have taken place.  It would not have mattered one iota if the individuals involved were white, black, or green,...and it would not have mattered what their political persuasion was.

A kid was killed under suspicious circumstances and our society as a whole deserved to have it investigated to make sure that every effort is made to insure that more of the same does not occur again.  The end result of this tragedy is that one person is dead,...and the other has had his life irreparably changed.  Both outcomes were the result of terribly bad judgement.  There will be other incidents like this in the future, and perhaps those involved will look at what happened here and realize that maybe the best course of action is to avoid a similar confrontation rather than risk being on either side of the outcome.

This may be best looked upon as a test case for our society.  A sad and tragic incident took place.  Hopefully, a lesson has been learned for all of us to use for guidance in our future actions.  To simply look at it from the standpoint of race and politics is really difficult for me to fathom.

"
White, black or green".  I know why you said green you live close to Roswell.   ;D   :TooFunny:   :TooFunny:

RutnNStrutn

Gobblenut, the reason this particular case became a political discussion is because it is political. The Sanford PD and local State's Attorney investigated the shooting and determined that no crime was committed. It was only after the politics of race, along with the politics of anti-gunners were brought to bear that GZ was charged and arrested. This was done by a different region's State's Attorney at the behest of Florida Gov. Scott, who buckled to the pressure coming from Washington as Obama, Holder, Jackson and Sharpton got involved. It doesn't get more political than that friend.

GobbleNut

"White, black or green".  I know why you said green you live close to Roswell.   ;D   :TooFunny:   :TooFunny:  ....Slamman

:TooFunny: :toothy9:  Yeah,...I suppose that was a bad choice of colors....

"Gobblenut, the reason this particular case became a political discussion is because it is political. The Sanford PD and local State's Attorney investigated the shooting and determined that no crime was committed. It was only after the politics of race, along with the politics of anti-gunners were brought to bear that GZ was charged and arrested. This was done by a different region's State's Attorney at the behest of Florida Gov. Scott, who buckled to the pressure coming from Washington as Obama, Holder, Jackson and Sharpton got involved. It doesn't get more political than that friend."---RutnNStrutn

Admittedly, it did become political,...but only because individuals on both sides of the political spectrum choose to make it that way.  My point is that the process that occurred should have occurred, regardless of whether or not it was made into a political issue or not.  The process that led us to this point was the correct one, and once again, it is irrelevant what one's politics or skin color is. 

We should all be applauding the process.  The system worked here as it is supposed to work.  As a society, we needed to get to the bottom of what happened,...and to do that, we needed to explore all of the possible reasons for it.  Some of those possible reasons are unsavoury to many of us, but because of the unfortunate circumstances of this specific case, they had to be explored for us to move forward as a country. 

Although others have turned this into a political and racial issue does not mean that we here have to. 

longspur

Quote from: GobbleNut on July 17, 2013, 10:19:25 AM

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on July 16, 2013, 12:02:12 PM

And I would fully expect after the locals investigated and found no evidence for charges and the FBI investigated and found no evidence for charges it would be left alone instead of fireing everybody that don't go along with your political and racial agenda, and falsifying an arrest warrent. I would not expect our tax dollars to be spent bussing people to protest and I would not expect a man who has been held on contempt of congress and gave them the middle finger to be begging anybody in the country to give him something to make GZ a racist. I would not expect a man who has been hispanic all his life to suddenly become white, and a baby picture to be used to deplict the other. I would not expect violence and protests and flag burning from shore to shore. Is this what our society as a whole deserves? When kids are gunned down in Chicago does anybody make every effort to insure that more of the same does not occur agan? Could this be why this discussion REGRESSED to political? Your statement about a lesson being learned for all of us to use for guidance in our future actions is spot on and it is difficult for me to fathom how it was looked at from the standpoint of race and politics from day one. That being said, can we discuss what lessons should be learned from this? And what could be done to insure that more of the same doesn't happen agan.I would sure hate to be in GZ shoes, knowing that my actions took a life and stirred up hatred across the country.

GobbleNut

Good comments, longspur.  I do not presume to know why the sheriff (or whoever it was) was fired.  I don't know what transpired to get to that point.  If it was purely political, then it was wrong, and hopefully we will find out the facts about it at some point so something can be done in that regard, as well.

From my own perspective, looking at the initial incident and what was reported, I would have expected a thorough investigation to be done,...once again, regardless of the racial backgrounds of the persons involved.  Based on what I had read, there was certainly legitimate reason to suspect that, after all was said and done, charges might be filed in the case.  There was certainly the possibility that GZ had done something to force the issue with Martin, hence providing reasonable incentive for a case to be pursued against him.  I think the evidence available at the beginning of this, and the feasibility that GZ could have been the instigator, were reasonable incentive for the case to be, at a minimum, looked at much more closely than it initially appeared to have been. 

If that was the case,...and again it appears reasonable to me that it was,...the next question for me is why did the person in charge of the investigation and law enforcement agency involved choose not to delve deeper into the case before deciding not to file potential charges against Zimmerman?  I believe any reasonable person would take a look at the initial evidence and think that there was reason to think that GZ pushed this to the point of aggravating the kid into a confrontation.  (Do I think Zimmerman had a clue that he might be forced to shoot the kid?  No, I don't.  I think if Zimmerman had any idea that what eventually happened was going to occur, I feel certain that he would have backed off.)

So, the question then becomes,...what was the motive behind the sheriff appearing not to have followed through completely with the investigation to the point of realizing that there was legitimate basis for filing charges against Zimmerman?  Could there have been prejudice involved?  It certainly could be argued that that was the case based on everything we know now.  And if there was no prejudice involved, could a reasonable person not conclude that perhaps the sheriff was incompetent if he did not pursue charges in a case where it now appears to be rather clear to the general public that charges were warranted?

Again, I don't think Zimmerman is guilty.  I think the verdict was the correct one.  But I also think we had to go through the legal process, in this specific case, to make that determination.  For the sheriff to unilaterally make that determination seems questionable, irresponsible, and incompetent now.  He should have had the foresight to see what was coming.  Why didn't he?