only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

George Zimmerman Is A Free Man !!

Started by vaturkey, July 13, 2013, 11:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaturkey

Vaturkey

longspur

The death of Trayvon was a tragedy. The charges were political, the prosecution was a joke, and Obama lost.

redarrow

slwayne

Quote from: longspur on July 14, 2013, 07:18:04 AM
The death of Trayvon was a tragedy. The charges were political, the prosecution was a joke, and Obama lost.

"The death of Trayvon was a tragedy"?  Agree with you wholeheartedly.  "The charges were political"?  Yeah, probably.  "The prosecution was a joke"?  Yep, they screwed the pooch big time.  "And Obama lost"?  Sorry, but you got to be frickin' kidding me.  Next thing you know he'll be to blame if you have runny sh*t after eating Mexican food.  Unbeleiveable.

longspur

Quote from: slwayne on July 14, 2013, 07:53:07 PM
Quote from: longspur on July 14, 2013, 07:18:04 AM

"The death of Trayvon was a tragedy"?  Agree with you wholeheartedly.  "The charges were political"?  Yeah, probably.  "The prosecution was a joke"?  Yep, they screwed the pooch big time.  "And Obama lost"?  Sorry, but you got to be frickin' kidding me.  Next thing you know he'll be to blame if you have runny sh*t after eating Mexican food.  Unbeleiveable.
[/quote

So after the police department said there wasn't enough evidence and the DA said there wasn't enough evidence he didn't mouth off about it on natinal tv and send his thugs down there to make them file charges. I guess I missunderstood.

guesswho

And the very people who are crying injustice, are the same people who were elated with the OJ Simpson verdict.  And I'm a racist ::)
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

GobbleNut

"So after the police department said there wasn't enough evidence and the DA said there wasn't enough evidence he didn't mouth off about it on natinal tv and send his thugs down there to make them file charges. I guess I missunderstood."

I'm not trying to get into any political argument about this.  The verdict was the correct one based on all of the information available.  But what is your factual basis for the above assertion?   I have seen nothing reported anywhere that suggests that Obama had anything to do with the decision to prosecute Zimmerman.  Perhaps I have missed something and would just like to know what it was that would make you make this statement?

longspur

Just couldn't figure why he would say his son would look like Trayvon instead of the other 5000 or so that are killed each year. And why Big Al would be involved and the NAACP after the state decided not to file charges. Unless its because the others were not shot by a "crazy a$$ cracker". Like I said, maybe I missunderstood. But I thought they all followed his lead when he spoke out. And help me out if I'm way off.

GobbleNut

Certainly, it is not entirely out of the question that there was some pressure applied from "somewhere up the line" to file charges against Zimmerman.  Personally, I just do not believe that it came from that far up the line. 

It is not unusual in these types of cases for no charges to be filed until after an initial investigation.  It happens all the time.  I believe that is what happened here,...and it was no more, or less, sinister than that.

longspur

So why would his son look likeTrayvon and not any of the other thousands. When the King speaks the wolves fly into action. Or so it seems. Why did he say that?

GobbleNut

Quote from: longspur on July 15, 2013, 03:33:38 PM
So why would his son look likeTrayvon and not any of the other thousands. When the King speaks the wolves fly into action. Or so it seems. Why did he say that?

I think we have to look at the entire commentary he made about the incident and not take a single sentence out of context.  Here is his statement:

"Well, I'm the head of the executive branch, and the attorney general reports to me, so I've got to be careful about my statements to make sure that we're not impairing any investigation that's taking place right now.

But obviously, this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through. And when I think about this boy, I think about my own kids. And I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this, and that everybody pulls together — federal, state and local — to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.

So I'm glad that not only is the Justice Department looking into it, I understand now that the governor of the state of Florida has formed a task force to investigate what's taking place. I think all of us have to do some soul-searching to figure out how does something like this happen. And that means that examine the laws and the context for what happened, as well as the specifics of the incident.

But my main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon. And I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves, and that we're going to get to the bottom of exactly what happened."

Once again, I don't personally think the statement he made was anything controversial based on what took place in this specific incident.  He was obviously making comments "off the cuff", not a prepared speech,...and anybody that speaks in public much knows that you sometimes make comments that you think are innocuous at the time, but afterwards you say to yourself,..."hmmm,...perhaps I should have said that differently,...or not at all". 

At any rate, if someone wants to read something into the statement Obama made about this incident to infer that he was somehow taking sides in it, so be it.  I just personally do not see that inference in his statement.  Once again that is just my opinion.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

longspur

OK Gobblenut, good deal.  Was there a sheriff fired or is that hearsay?

Devastator

Quote from: guesswho on July 15, 2013, 10:09:45 AM
And the very people who are crying injustice, are the same people who were elated with the OJ Simpson verdict.  And I'm a racist ::)
I said the same thing to my  bosses today lol

turkey_slayer

I think Obama had more influence than you think. Of course Jackson, sharpton, black panthers and others had to add their fuel to the fire also. What I don't understand is why didn't he say anything about the 50 blacks that were shot down just in Chicago that week? Why couldn't they look like his son? TM was no more important than any of those except except he died by the hands of a white/hispanic. Didn't see any white crackers wanting to kill blacks if OJ was aquitted or threaten to riot. Racism only exists cause of certain races not letting it go and of course the media agging it on