turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite blind

Started by jims, May 08, 2013, 12:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeytromp

I love my ameristep Tom Taker II blind in the realtree APG HD camo ! ;)

jims

Sounds like 3 different setups would be just the ticket!  A Double bull for when weather is rough (wind, rain, etc).  Great for not hauling very far and staying for extended periods of time.  A stand-up or Ghost-blind setup for run and gun hunting for quick, quiet set up and hiking long distance with less bulk and weight.  A third portable blind such as a Doghouse or other hoop for semi-mobile hunting in rougher conditions....not quite as mobile as standup blinds but more mobile, quiet, light weight than a hefty hub type blind.  I guess a 4th option would be no blind at all.....tougher to hide movement and easier to spook wise toms and hens but quickest and easiest!

Bigspurs68

I hunt a bunch out of blinds with my young girls. We used a Double Bull 360 until It took a tree thru the top and now have a Double Bull Double Wide Door. Not one regret. Hunting by myself, I'm never in one but for the kids, it's a big help.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

northwoodshntr

I love my Doghouse! Easy n quick to set up. Light weight and easy to pack when run n gunnin. Also there's enough room in the bag for folding style chairs w/ back rests. Use the stakes n line in the wind.