OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Made a beard board - pics

Started by catman529, April 30, 2013, 12:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catman529

Made this a couple days ago, I like how it turned out. Took a piece of barn wood from an old shed in one of the areas I hunted this year and actually killed 2 of these birds in the general area.

Fan is from opening day bird this year (my first opening day turkey). The tail feathers were cut off and glued back together on pieces of cardboard. Eliminates the meat trimming, borax mess, pinning to a board, and week or two of drying. Just cut the feathers off and reassemble them carefully with hot glue and cardboard.

All 4 beards/spurs are from this year's birds. Can't wait to see what I can kill next spring and add to the board. If I am lucky, I might kill a fall longbeard, which I have never done.

Thanks for looking

DirtNap647

tomstopper

WildSpur

Well done.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

remmy1187

Awesome, I really like your beard/spur deal, is that the empty hull brass between the beard and spurs?

ElkTurkMan

I really like that, I may do something very similar.  Well Done!

catman529

Thanks yall.. Yep it is the empty brass holding the beards. All from the shells I used to kill each bird except #3 (far left) which I lost the original shell in the tall grass.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

beagler

Never Misses

Ruger M77

Very nice! How did you fasten the beards to the brass?
I eat therefore I hunt

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

WV Ridge Reaper

agturkey

Can you get some close-ups of the board where you connected the beard spurs and brass thank you.

catman529

Quote from: Ruger M77 on April 30, 2013, 07:58:29 PM
Very nice! How did you fasten the beards to the brass?
hot glue

Quote from: agturkey on April 30, 2013, 09:31:21 PM
Can you get some close-ups of the board where you connected the beard spurs and brass thank you.
when I get home from work ill try and remember to post up a pic.