turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Decoy Planet...DO NOT BUY!!!

Started by sixbird, April 27, 2013, 09:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixbird

Well guys, thought I'd try the "Funky Chicken" but in my research I stumbled on info. that a decoy named "Little Runt" was actually the originator of the idea. Thought I'd support the guy with the original idea so I ordered the "Runt" from Decoy Planet. I should have known since the only product they offered on the online store ( Decoy Planet mind you...Sound huge eh?) was that decoy, but, gave them the benefit of the doubt. Their pitch was that they would ship the decoy that day if you ordered before a certain time (3 pm, I think). If not, the next day...
I called the next day to clarify some shipping info. and got a construction company. In the ensuing few days, I called a few more times...Still the construction co. Finally I went to their contact info. on their page and emailed them that they may want to look into the phone problem...No response...
Finally, I called my credit card company and asked if the charge had been applied. They said yes so I told them the story. They gave me the number that they had. I called that number and it had been changed. I called that number and got a message that that number was no longer in service.
I emailed Decoy Planet again and notified them to not send the decoy and that, if they did, I would not incur the expense of returning but would send it back if they paid the shipping...Still no response...
I've registered a dispute with my C.C. co. and I'm certain that it will resolve in my favor BUT, all this aggravation just because I felt I'd like to do business with the originator of the idea...
So, my warning to all of you good people on Old Gobbler...DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH DECOY PLANET!!!

turkey buster

sounds like a fake company and scam. thanks for the heads up

tomstopper

Rapscallion Vermilion

I doubt there is much that you can do, but here is the registration info for that website.  The physical location provided is in Queens.

Domain Name.......... decoyplanet.com
  Creation Date........ 2011-03-26
  Registration Date.... 2011-06-17
  Expiry Date.......... 2014-03-26
  Organisation Name.... Paul Pierce
  Organisation Address. 2526 50th Street
  Organisation Address. Suite 202
  Organisation Address.
  Organisation Address. Woodside
  Organisation Address. 11377
  Organisation Address. NY
  Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Greg Samaras
  Admin Address........ 2526 50th Street
  Admin Address........ Suite 202
  Admin Address........
  Admin Address. Woodside
  Admin Address........ 11377
  Admin Address........ NY
  Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
  Admin Email.......... dimos@omiro.net
  Admin Phone.......... +1.7182042150
  Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ Dimos Vlikidis
  Tech Address......... 2526 50th Street
  Tech Address......... Suite 201A
  Tech Address.........
  Tech Address......... Woodside
  Tech Address......... 11377
  Tech Address......... NY
  Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
  Tech Email........... dimos@omiro.net
  Tech Phone........... +1.6465730969
  Tech Fax.............
  Name Server.......... ns1.mediatemple.net
  Name Server.......... ns2.mediatemple.net

sixbird

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on April 28, 2013, 07:11:54 PM
I doubt there is much that you can do, but here is the registration info for that website.  The physical location provided is in Queens.

Domain Name.......... decoyplanet.com
  Creation Date........ 2011-03-26
  Registration Date.... 2011-06-17
  Expiry Date.......... 2014-03-26
  Organisation Name.... Paul Pierce
  Organisation Address. 2526 50th Street
  Organisation Address. Suite 202
  Organisation Address.
  Organisation Address. Woodside
  Organisation Address. 11377
  Organisation Address. NY
  Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Greg Samaras
  Admin Address........ 2526 50th Street
  Admin Address........ Suite 202
  Admin Address........
  Admin Address. Woodside
  Admin Address........ 11377
  Admin Address........ NY
  Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
  Admin Email.......... dimos@omiro.net
  Admin Phone.......... +1.7182042150
  Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ Dimos Vlikidis
  Tech Address......... 2526 50th Street
  Tech Address......... Suite 201A
  Tech Address.........
  Tech Address......... Woodside
  Tech Address......... 11377
  Tech Address......... NY
  Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
  Tech Email........... dimos@omiro.net
  Tech Phone........... +1.6465730969
  Tech Fax.............
  Name Server.......... ns1.mediatemple.net
  Name Server.......... ns2.mediatemple.net

WOW!!! Thanks man! That may be some useful info. at some point...
I contacted my credit card co. to asked for the list of charges to my card since that transaction and there haven't been any so I'm thinking I'm o.k. on that...I've registered a dispute with C.C. co. so I'm sure they won't pay Decoy Planet, since I never received product...
It should be no big deal, it's just kind of ironic that I was trying to give the guy with the original idea a little boost and, as it turns out, they're giving me a little aggravation...

sixbird

Here's a hot one! Answered the phone today. It's Decoy Planet...They claim that their website had a problem and they just found out about it (a year later)! They want to know if I still want the "Little Runt" decoy...WHAT???!!! A year later???!!! I was easy on the girl who called 'cause she probably just works for them. Felt sorry for her having to contact people after all that time...To be honest, I have no idea why they would even call. Do they have no shame?

DirtNap647

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

wibirdhunter

That's weird but at least they called back when found out about the problem. (If that's true) That's more than can be said about some of the callmaker antics I've seen on turkey forums in the past 10+ years.

sixbird

Well, I'm over it but geez, a year? Hope, if they're legit, they get their act together and have some success...I won't be contributing...

sixbird

Well, I got a refund check from Decoy Planet...I'll give them their due. They made it right...Maybe what they said was true about them not knowing their website was malfunctioning. I'm sure that little fella will work as well as the Funky Chicken (which is phenomenal)...I'm going to give them a pass...

the Ward

That's some crazy stuff! Them calling you a year later sounds highly suspicious. Scammers fishing for credit card info perhaps? I wouldn't think Queens NY is a hotbed of decoy innovation lol! Glad you got the issue resolved, could have been a real mess for sure.

sixbird

I thought it odd myself but a check showed up in the mail. They didn't ask for a credit card number and the credit card I used is now no longer so I don't see how they could use it nefariously. Also, they didn't ask for an address so apparently they already had that from the order...I'm thinking they may just be that messed up or at least were...   :-\

SCGobbler

The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

drenalinld

Why did you get a refund check if your cc company never paid them? Do NOT cash that check!