OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

whats the biggest spur on a turkey that you shot

Started by WV TURKEY THUG, April 18, 2013, 10:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV TURKEY THUG

Mine was 1 1/2 inches atleast 1 of the spurs were. I have no pics of this bird
I was around 10 years old when my dad called it in for me. It was my first bird. I don't think I'm ever gonna shoot one with bigger spurs. Don't even have the spurs or the beard anymore . Stupid dog chewed it up. Tailfeathers and all.

Buckeye_Strutter_935

my very 2nd bird was 1 5/8 inches but my neighbor killed one with 1 3/4 inch spurs ill see if i can get a pick of them lol and this is no bs
Feathers Fear Me

jblackburn

1 1/4 is my biggest. Called a Rio in for a buddy last year that was 1 9/16!  Oh, yeah, it was his first bird!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

ALfwlmth

1 1/4", 12" rope, just over 25 lbs.  the best bird I've ever killed and the best hunt I've ever had.

kansas hooks

Mine was 1 3/4 from last year.  I took him to the taxidermist the next day.

Buckcrazy

Killed on 7-8 years Ago I really wish I'd mounted it . Had a 12" paintbrush and 1 1/2" spurs 24 lbs and was the prettiest bronze color I've ever seen he was a light buff cold very nice bird ! My neighbor killed one last yrs that had 1 7/8" hooks and was sa harp as needles

Onpoint

In 2011 I killed 2 kings. 1 5/8's in Kentucky and 1 1/2 in Tennessee.
Here the 1 5/8's

And here's both of em side by side.
2011 was a very good year for me. Ive got 4 birds with 1.5"+ and 2 of em was in 2011. It took 3 years to get the big one and it all came together on a rainy morning that I almost didn't even go. The one with the black spurs wasn't all that hard to work in but it was very rewarding cuz I took him on public land. It's always a good feeling to get a king on public land.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

catman529

I've killed 2 or 3 with 1 1/4 inch spurs but nothing bigger yet. longest beard was my first mature gobbler at 12.5 inches, but only had 7/8 inch spurs.

guesswho

1 3/4" twice.  One on an Osceola and one on an Eastern.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

earlybird

1 1/2" this year on an osceola,my biggest set  ever.

WV TURKEY THUG