turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

whats the biggest spur on a turkey that you shot

Started by WV TURKEY THUG, April 18, 2013, 10:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Kansas bird 3 years ago had 1 1/4" on one side and 1 3/8" on the other.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

870supermagnum

I shot a gobbler north of Lake City, FL three years ago that had 1 3/4" spurs and an 11 1/2" beard.  I had him mounted gobbling on limb and he hangs in my great room and gets lots of compliments.

Longshot

You fellas have bagged some really impressive birds! My best so far is an Osceola that had 1-3/8" & 1-1/4" spurs and an 11-1/4' beard. It was also my first bird back in the fall of 2002. I have been trying to beat it ever since. 
Hunt with your children today and you won't have to hunt for them tomorrow.

Uncle Tom

This morning...a 1 9/16 and 1 10/16 big Eastern...great hunt, worked him 2 hours hard and heard him at first light long way off. You know they will be special before you pull the trigger when you mess with one for that long.

slamman

ILIKEHEVI-13

Punisher

Three or four with 1 3/8 spurs, one gobbler with 1 1/2 spurs (he is going to be mounted) and another with 1 7/16 spurs (both killed this year), one gobbler with 1 5/8 spurs (he is mounted), and several with 1 1/4 and 1 1/8 spurs.  I have definitely been blessed in the spurs department.  I have a friend who says the long spurs are attracted to me.  I say it is just luck, but I hope it stays that way. :)  One morning I killed two birds at Ft. Campbell and one turkey had 1 3/8 spurs and the other had 1 1/4 spurs.  I will try to round up some pics and post them later.  God Bless.

mtsrunner

Holy crap slamman, be careful around those things. They look deadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcgobbler

I have killed a couple with 1 3/8 spurs, and probably at least a dozen with at least 1 1/8 spurs.

fl panhandler

I've killed several with 1 3/8" or better, but a friend killed this one a few years back. He gobbled once on the roost and then came in silent. He had 2" and 1 15/16.
Rick

nystrut

teamkeystonecountry

guesswho

Quote from: fl panhandler on April 27, 2013, 10:26:51 AM
I've killed several with 1 3/8" or better, but a friend killed this one a few years back. He gobbled once on the roost and then came in silent. He had 2" and 1 15/16.
Rick

Looks like Tim Taylor's neighbor, Wilson.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

ILIKEHEVI-13

Nevermind it was killed in 1999 by a hunter in KY.

Typical Record Turkey

Hunter's Name: JAMES E. LEWIS
Home State: KY
Species: Eastern (Typical)
Harvest Date: Apr 22, 1999
Harvest Location: FRANKLIN, KY, USA

Total Score: 104.8125 #1*

Longest Beard: 13.7500" #40*

Number of Beards: 1

Longest Spur: 2.2500" #1*

Other Spur: 2.1250"

Weight: 33.5625 lbs. #6*