OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

FASTFIRE FAILURE

Started by duckaholic25, March 16, 2013, 10:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duckaholic25

Just mounted my FFIII on my gun and getting ready to sight it in, I dry fire it and pump the action and the sight goes off. So I figure the battery cap is just a little loose, so I tighten up "its really not loose" and try to get it to come on. It comes on so I dry fire it again and pump the action it goes off again and will not come back on. Really not sure what to do. I am pretty disappointed  after read all the good reviews on OG, not to mention season opens next weekend.

ghillie

I would say to try a differnet battery.  If that does not work contact Burris...they will take care of you.

chatterbox

Quote from: ghillie on March 17, 2013, 12:18:30 AM
I would say to try a differnet battery.  If that does not work contact Burris...they will take care of you.
I agree. Sounds like a battery failure to me as well.

btmonnat

The battery sounds like it could be a fix. If not contact Burris customer service and they will take care of the problem. I stripped a screw when mounting mine to the picatinny mount which I considered my fault for over tightening. I called customer service to try and by a new one and he offered to send me a new one free of charge. That just does not happen in todays world.

duckaholic25

I took the battery out and replaced it, and that seemed to fix it. Then I put the original battery back in to make sure that was the problem, and that one worked to. I dont know, maybe it was just a bad connection. I will post how it does after I sight it in later today. I have got my fingers crossed.

BurrisOptics

The battery cover is most likely what was giving you problems.  That cover is a bit finicky and you need to make sure you have it on exactly right.  Once it's on correctly you won't have any issues with it.  This has happened to me before as well.  We are talking about redesigning the battery cover for the next generation of sights.   

duckaholic25

Sighted in in today and it seemed to be ok. Man that thing sure had me worried. Cant wait to put that dot on some waddles.

Byhalia

I am going to check my battery cover for the FF III.
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

mr perfect

i just put mine on last friday the 15th so far so good i did buy extra batterys to carry in my pack never know when you need them .the only question i have is for burris is when i go out in the morn and set up should i leave the sight on till noon or til i quit for the day .

BurrisOptics

I typically leave it off until I get set up and then turn it off when I get ready to leave my set.  Some guys leave it on all day.  It's up to you.  It could be a problem if you forget to turn it on until you have a bird coming in.  If you forget to turn it off it will automatically shut off for you. 

shuey270

How long do they stay on (if you forget to turn it off ) before they auto shut off?

Bustabeak

I was nervous about putting my batter cap on. When I screw it in, it seems like the back side closest to where the laser is, sits up and isn't flush. It works fine, but I just wondered if any of y'alls were the same, or if thats how they are designed.

BurrisOptics

Quote from: shuey270 on March 20, 2013, 03:44:55 PM
How long do they stay on (if you forget to turn it off ) before they auto shut off?

I believe it's 4 hours.

beagler

What kind of battery life are you guys getting with the FFIII?
Never Misses

Shellwaster

I was fortunate enough to pull the trigger this afternoon on a bird and when I did my FF3 shut off.  I pressed the on/off button but it would not turn on. Remembering this thread I looked to see if the battery cover was loose, but it wasn't. When I got back to my truck I completely removed the battery and put it back in, this time being sure to tightened the cap back down and I pressed the on/off button again, this time it worked. However I noticed the dot is now reflected higher on the sight. Instead of getting aggravated I put it up and will put the gun in a vice and adjust the dot and sight it in ASAP I will also get another battery.

What I'm perplexed about is I bought the sight last march and shot it several times getting it dialed in and even on my bird last year without a hiccup. I also checked my mount to ensure it hasn't worked loose some how, it hasn't. I am shooting 3" Nitro's 4x5x7 and when I opened the breach (single shot) the shell wouldn't eject, it was stuck. I know this isn't out of the ordinary for Nitro's as they have been known to load hot and get stuck but I don't think it would be enough to mess up my FF3 since the other 3 or 4 previously fired (last year) Nitro's out of the same box didn't have the same effect.