News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

FASTFIRE FAILURE

Started by duckaholic25, March 16, 2013, 10:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BurrisOptics

Quote from: Shellwaster on March 24, 2013, 10:41:20 PM
I was fortunate enough to pull the trigger this afternoon on a bird and when I did my FF3 shut off.  I pressed the on/off button but it would not turn on. Remembering this thread I looked to see if the battery cover was loose, but it wasn't. When I got back to my truck I completely removed the battery and put it back in, this time being sure to tightened the cap back down and I pressed the on/off button again, this time it worked. However I noticed the dot is now reflected higher on the sight. Instead of getting aggravated I put it up and will put the gun in a vice and adjust the dot and sight it in ASAP I will also get another battery.

What I'm perplexed about is I bought the sight last march and shot it several times getting it dialed in and even on my bird last year without a hiccup. I also checked my mount to ensure it hasn't worked loose some how, it hasn't. I am shooting 3" Nitro's 4x5x7 and when I opened the breach (single shot) the shell wouldn't eject, it was stuck. I know this isn't out of the ordinary for Nitro's as they have been known to load hot and get stuck but I don't think it would be enough to mess up my FF3 since the other 3 or 4 previously fired (last year) Nitro's out of the same box didn't have the same effect.

Hmmm I've not heard of this problem before.  Seems odd but I don't believe it has anything to do with the gun or the loads you are shooting.  It's definitely the sight.  I'd like to get that back from you if possible and replace it with a new sight.  I'd like to see what's going on with it.  Let me know what you figure out and what you want to do with it. 

Most importantly........ did you get the bird?