Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Federal Turkey Thugs 12 ga, 3.5", 2 oz, 6 shot @ 40 Picture

Started by alclark2, March 10, 2013, 04:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alclark2

My new go to ammo. I might try them out in 3" when I go back to walmart if I can find them. This was with an 835 in an IC BDS .675 in mid 30s temps and a kinda dirty barrel.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

BandedSpur

Spectacular. And people wonder why a lot of us have been clamoring for Fed to bring back a quality shell without that darn FCW. The Turkey Thugs are putting up some great patterns. Fed had the Strut Shoks already, but the Thug is a completely different shell, and putting up much better patterns so far.

nyhunter

Matt81302

Very nice. I am averaging 150ish with the same shell out of my 835 with Jellyhead choke. The only problem we have now is no excuse if we miss. LOL.

captin_hook

Man those shells are producing great patterns . My Walmart is loaded with them. I think I'm going to start stock piling them.

Tom Foolery

Man, that is a fantastic pattern!

Wally world here I come!

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

alclark2

I want to try it with a clean barrel and when its not 35 degrees out  ;D I saw a few guys in the 170s+
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

bowhunter2k9

You miscounted... thats 147. I'm OCD like that lol   But still a great pattern!
Romans 8:38-39

Ded Goblr

Quote from: bowhunter2k9 on March 11, 2013, 10:40:55 AM
You miscounted... thats 147. I'm OCD like that lol   But still a great pattern!
Thats how it adds up for me as well.

I'd take that all day. Great Pattern

alclark2

Hoosier Hunt n Fish

buck_hunter21

Spill Blood

trkehunr93