Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Federal Turkey Thugs 12 ga, 3.5", 2 oz, 6 shot @ 40 Picture

Started by alclark2, March 10, 2013, 04:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

That pattern will improve quite a bit at 60 to 70 degrees. 

I guess I'm gonna have to get a box of these and see what my Star Dot choke will do. 

These shells appear to be out shooting the old Fed gold box premiums. 

chubbyone

I bought some 3" #6's Turkey Thugs to try in my son's Win 1300. Shot fair with the extra full choke that came with the gun. Then I shot them through my Benelli SBEII with Indian Creek 660 choke. 131 in the 10 at 40 yards. Very even pattern. Wold like to try the 3.5" but definitly my go to shells.

DirtNap647

one thing nice about walmart is that if they dont sell them all by the end of season these will all go on clearance who knows what they will be reduced to i know they sure have alot of them now

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: MrB0000M on March 13, 2013, 07:04:42 AM
one thing nice about walmart is that if they dont sell them all by the end of season these will all go on clearance who knows what they will be reduced to i know they sure have alot of them now

I have bought some good buys that way. 

alclark2

I can't find the 3" 6s.. When I go do to bama I'm going to check their SG section in Tuscaloosa. They had a ton of stuff last year. My Indiana walmart only has 3" 5s and 3.5" 6s. I've checked two others. I bought a box of 3" 5s today to try out. My 835 was shooting 5s better than 6s until I shot this Federal ammo. Maybe the 5s will do even better? We will see...
Hoosier Hunt n Fish