turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

tips for using a long box?

Started by mebe007, March 04, 2013, 07:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mebe007

thanks for the recomendations gentleman. currently talking with bob fulcher, larry gresser, and marlin watkins. the big thing is my season is around the corner and this other guy really burned alot of my time where i could have been on the wait list of someone else. I have talked with al at one point and he is a nice guy and just a couple hours away to boot. my question is are his boxes tapered like a normal cost or are they square. this last one i got looks like a dang 1x1

Tomspur

I agree with returning the call and starting over.  Many great guys on here that make quality calls. Most will run them for you before you purchase. Good luck.

M Sharpe

Quote from: mossyoakpro on March 06, 2013, 10:13:01 PM
Beardhunter makes some of the best long boxes I have heard.....very reasonable and full of turkey.

You heard right!! Russell does make some fine ones! No waiting either. Just goggle Beard Hunter Turkey Calls
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

mebe007

Well I after many different emails from Marlin Watkins I gave him a call while I was on lunch. He played tons of calls for me and let me pick one. It feels good to be getting a call from such a nice guy and well known maker and no wait to boot. must have been my lucky day. now i will research some other call builders because we all know you cannot just have 1.

TRKYHTR

You wont be dissatisfied with this long box I guarantee it.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

J Gilbert

SS Custom Calls would be one of my first choices from what I've ran for long boxes, and I would also call Russell Beard with Beard Hunter Turkey Calls, he can play several boxes over the phone for you and let you pick one out long before you ever hold it in your hands.